Sony alpha a7

Go to solution Solved by ALwin,
2 minutes ago, BelgiumCastGijs said:

I realise all of this but this is temporary since the body won't be available for a long time at this price... I can get a proper e-mount full frame lens later but I jsut need something to use the camera with...

Get a Sony E to Canon EF adapter and get a 50mm prime lens then.  A Canon 50mm prime lens is certainly going to be a FF lens.

Hey everyone!

I was lookign into buying a second hand sony alpha a7 (as good as new), it doesn't include a lens though.
Since Sony E-mount full frame lenses are expensive as hell, I was looking into buying a canon lens and a converter.

I saw a Commlite Auto Focus EF-NEX EF-EMOUNT FX Lens Mount Adapter for Canon EF EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount NEX 3/3N/5N/5R/7/A7 A7R Full Frame, Color Black

I just have a couple of questions left:

- Does this gives through the autofocus signal?
- What lenses do you recommend? (which are cheap, I'm on a very tight budget)
- Do you have any better recommendations that aren't much more expensive?

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs

PS: Please search oin amazon.de if you need prices ;-)

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53505887

Here is someone's comment about the adapter.   As for lenses it will depend on the focal lengths you want, because we have no clue what you need.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53505887

Here is someone's comment about the adapter.   As for lenses it will depend on the focal lengths you want, because we have no clue what you need.

Just realised I didn't mention that... But I need a 18-55mm lens, thats all really ;-)

PS: this lens is temporary until I can afford a proper E-mount full frame lens, which should be in about 10months or so

If you get cheap lenses on an expensive body like the a7, The quality wont be any better than a cheap camera and a cheap lens. I would invest in better glass before you invest in a better body. Also, from what i have heard, the af that the commlite adapter gives is pretty poor so its really only good for changing aperture on ef lenses. If you want a relitivly cheap but high end canon lens, i would recommend the canon 24-105 f4. Best bang for the buck canon zoom there is really.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Don't mount a cropped sensor 18-55 on a FF body.  It's pointless.  I don't see Canon to Sony adapters with cropped to FF corrective optics.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

The cheapest lens adapter brand I recommend is Fotodiox.  After that, Novoflex and Metabones.

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

If you get cheap lenses on an expensive body like the a7, The quality wont be any better than a cheap camera and a cheap lens. I would invest in better glass before you invest in a better body. Also, from what i have heard, the af that the commlite adapter gives is pretty poor so its really only good for changing aperture on ef lenses.

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Don't mount a cropped sensor 18-55 on a FF body.  It's pointless.  I don't see Canon to Sony adapters with cropped to FF corrective optics.

I realise all of this but this is temporary since the body won't be available for a long time at this price... I can get a proper e-mount full frame lens later but I jsut need something to use the camera with...

9 minutes ago, bob345 said:

i would recommend the canon 24-105 f4

Nevermind, the Sony 18-105 is a cropped lens.

2 minutes ago, BelgiumCastGijs said:

Get a Sony E to Canon EF adapter and get a 50mm prime lens then.  A Canon 50mm prime lens is certainly going to be a FF lens.

What exactly is your budget?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

What 18-55mm lens are you using? If it is a crop format lens you will get a lot of heavy vignetting on a full frame camera.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

14 hours ago, BelgiumCastGijs said:

Canon FD adapter 11 euros

http://www.amazon.de/tinxi%C2%AE-Objektiv-Adapter-NEX-VG10-NEX-3N/dp/B00ZOZ7VDA/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454409592&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=sony+fe+canon+fd

Canon FD 50mm f1.8 15 euros

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Canon-FD-50-mm-f-1-8-TOP-/272121606404?hash=item3f5bb63104:g:Sz0AAOSwFMZWr4Bn

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Does this take advantage of the full frame sensor or is tis cropped? I found this: Canon EF 50mm f/1,8 STM with a Commlite Sony E to EF/EF-S adapter, Would this be somewhat better quality, since I also don't want to have crappy quality ;-) thanks already!

3 hours ago, BelgiumCastGijs said:

Does this take advantage of the full frame sensor or is tis cropped? I found this: Canon EF 50mm f/1,8 STM with a Commlite Sony E to EF/EF-S adapter, Would this be somewhat better quality, since I also don't want to have crappy quality ;-) thanks already!

No its a full frame lens, its manual focus but with peaking its faster to manual focus with this than use the commlite adapter with AF

Only the A7R2 will give you fast AF with canon lenses, the AF on the A7 wit canon is very slow and not accurate - better wth FE lenses 

Also I dont know your budget, perhaps get a rokinon FE lens, or sonys cheapest FE lens the 28mm F2.0 (which is AMAZING)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii