Routing preferences on Windows 10 (GUI)

bejamartins
Go to solution Solved by Trikein,

Try pressing the alt key and that menu bar should show. Maybe these are more accurate instructions?

However, if you have access to the metric, that should work just the same. I think the "Advanced Settings" is just a UI for the metric system and other network management adjustments.

On previous Windows, it use to prefer Wi-Fi over ethernet, but for some reason now is the other way around.

My ethernet cable corresponds to an ADSL service that is quite slow and and my WI-Fi network corresponds to a 4G service that is much faster.

On Windows 8 I changed the preferred connection on "advanced settings" on the "Network Connections" window on "Network and Sharing Center" but Windows 10 is not showing me such "advanced settings" option is not showing.

How is this supposed to be done on Windows 10?

I've not used Win10, but check if the option to set interface metric is still there: https://superuser.com/questions/403350/how-to-select-default-network-interface-for-internet

BclJJ.png

The lower the value, the more it is preferred so if you want programs to use Ethernet/wired connections over WiFi, set the Ethernet interface metric to 100 and the WiFi interface metric to 110.

19 minutes ago, MeshFile said:

I've not used Win10, but check if the option to set interface metric is still there: https://superuser.com/questions/403350/how-to-select-default-network-interface-for-internet

BclJJ.png

The lower the value, the more it is preferred so if you want programs to use Ethernet/wired connections over WiFi, set the Ethernet interface metric to 100 and the WiFi interface metric to 110.

That appears, thank you, going to try.

3 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Windows 10 has connection priorities built in. See here.

That toolbar with the advanced>advanced settings... wont appear to me.

Try pressing the alt key and that menu bar should show. Maybe these are more accurate instructions?

However, if you have access to the metric, that should work just the same. I think the "Advanced Settings" is just a UI for the metric system and other network management adjustments.

31 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Oh there is is. Thank you so much.