Remote desktop to VM

Hello,

I am running on Ubuntu 15.10 (primary OS) and I installed Virtual Machine (Windows 7) using KVM/QEMU with GPU passthrough for gaming.

It works quite well, but sometimes I need to have video from VM into window in HOST OS (Ubuntu), for example for recording videos with Open Broadcast Software (using Intel QuickSync). Some of you, can say that I can record vidos on the VM, but no I cant, because VM doesnt have access into iGPU (Intel HD Graphics) for QuickSync, because it is reserved for Ubuntu.

So i would like to know, how can I transfer video from VM into HOST OS (for example in window) at 60 FPS (gaming). VM and HOST OS are running on same machine (1 PC), so there is no network communication (only virtual), so big bandwidth should not be problem.

I need only to stream video, for sharing keyboard and mouse I am using Synergy.

Thank you very much

install vnc server on the guest os, and a vnc viewer on the host os, record the video from the vnc viewer with the host os.

1 hour ago, WaxyMaxy said:

install vnc server on the guest os, and a vnc viewer on the host os, record the video from the vnc viewer with the host os.

VNC cannot handle 3D scenes, I tried RealVNC and i dont know that any VNC can handle 3D gaming scenes with high FPS

On 2016-02-01 at 6:24 AM, tomsk said:

VNC cannot handle 3D scenes, I tried RealVNC and i dont know that any VNC can handle 3D gaming scenes with high FPS

"The VNC protocol is pixel based. Although this leads to great flexibility (e.g., any type of desktop can be displayed), it is often less efficient than solutions that have a better understanding of the underlying graphic layout like X11 or Windows Remote Desktop Protocol. Those protocols send graphic primitives or high level commands in a simpler form (e.g., "open window"), whereas RFB just sends the raw pixel data."

In other words, VNC doesnt care or know if you are gaming, it directly sends the output that should go to the monitor. It seems likely that your system that can't handle it.