Attend a beginner friendly hackathon - Codeday

What is a hackathon?

A hackathon is a an event that typically takes place anywhere between 24 and 48 hours (sometimes more) and you form a team with the people that are there. After you form your team, you can code anything you want, but some hackathons have a specific theme.

What makes CodeDay so special?

CodeDay is a beginner friendly hackathon that takes place over 21 cities all over the US for 24 hours.  It's a beginner friendly hackathon. so you don't necessarily need to be a coding genius to attend this event! In fact, we encourage first time coders to come! At CodeDay, we start at noon on Saturday, we have a few team-building activities so you can recruit your team members, and we work until Sunday 9am. On Sunday 9am, the judges show up and they around surveying the groups' projects. We then present the projects to others and we award based on a bunch of categories, who then receive a custom laser cut trophy.

How do I participate?

Go to http://codeday.org and buy a ticket! I am a volunteer for CodeDay Chicago, so if you buy a ticket for CodeDay Chicago, you can use the promo code LTT for a 40% discount. If there is a demand, I may be able to  get a nationwide discount code as well.

If you guys have anymore questions, just reply to this thread. :)

Damn I had so much fan last time on a Government Ran Hackathon, ahahah I wish I knew that the end product did not have to be fully functional as my team broke apart after mid night. I was struggling to sort the broken and missing data they gave us.

Maybe one day I will be able to travel to these events :)

About me | Blog