gpu software tesing

Matt_Twinkletoes

What program do I use for testing temps? Right now I am using furmark on the 3rd msi 390x that I have gotten from rma because they were thermal throttling

ZtsUnNn.jpg

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Heaven Valley is much better as you can get some weird results with furmark

What program do I use for testing temps? Right now I am using furmark on the 3rd msi 390x that I have gotten from rma because they were thermal throttling

Speedfan is pretty good. Your radeon drivers can do it too in the overdrive window.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Furmark is kind of the prime95 of GPUs... I heard that nvidia added code to the GTX 500 series specifically to detect furmark and downclock to prevent high temps because of how hot the 480 was.  Not sure if true, but it is believable :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I use Furmark. It's small, it's free, it does what you need. If you are worried about bench cheating just change the EXE name.

I have to comment on the 390X though because I had one. I dumped it within a week because it chugged wattage, and heated my case up like a jerk. I changed the thermal compound to the Gelid GC Extreme TIM, and it still thermal throttled. I had a Gigabyte Windforce variant and the card still idled in the high 60C range.

I would call the R9 390X broken. It was a cost saving move from AMD to refresh their lineup and make some sales. They just pumped more power in the R9 290X for higher clocks and called it a new card, and the PCB can barely handle it.

I think you may be responible for global warming....

Nah, it's just that 290 heart burning bright ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Haha after about 30 minutes it hit the 94*C wall and I'm actually talking to MSI support and he said he is going to try and get me a better card and they need to verify some things so I am supposed to get a call back. But I highly doubt this will happen so I am prepared to sell it on ebay and get a 980 or something, probably the last time I try amd. 

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300