Logitech Orion Spark

Stardar1

So, I just bought myself the G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Mouse (I must say, I am impressed).

I plan to buy the G933 Artemis Spectrum headset.

Logitech's RGB keyboard uses their own Romer-G switches, and I am wondering how they compare to Cherry MX or Razer's Green switches. 

I really like Razer's switches (I have a blackwidow) but would like my new keyboard to match my new headset/mouse. 

So, is the Orion Spark good, or are the switches and lighting not up to snuff. 

Should i go for the Black widow chroma instead?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

As far from what I've read they feel closer to a membrane kb than a Cherry MX switch and are ideal for someone stepping into the world of mech keyboards. If you like Razer Green switch then look into Corsair K70 RGB with MX Blue switch

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I have 2 of the Orion sparks. The lighting is very good and it is very nice to type on. Honestly, I've never used a keyboard with cherry switches, but it still feels like a great keyboard. I bought the first one for my gaming PC and my daughter spilled soda on it. So, I bought another one and took the sticky one into my office to see if I could get it fixed to a point where it was usable (which it works enough to where its usable for basic typing at work).

As far from what I've read they feel closer to a membrane kb than a Cherry MX switch and are ideal for someone stepping into the world of mech keyboards. If you like Razer Green switch then look into Corsair K70 RGB with MX Blue switch

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing, though I would rather the Black Widow than the K70

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

romer g are meant to be a mix between membrane and mech switches so they feel in between a membrane keyboard and cherry browns. they are most suited for typing applications or a game where you need fast feedback as you dont have to press down as hard on the switch to get it to register but they still give a little mech feedback. if you like razer switches i would recommend a k70

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/