DAC+Amp to run HD600 and A5+

GodIsAnAstronaut
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

So I need a splitter for ODAC+O2? I don't really mind having to unplug them because I won't use both at the same time. I have the HD600s so I don't bother people at night.

I've been on your website before by the way, so If I were to get the RCA version of the Objective 2, would I still need DAC?

If you don't mind unplugging, you can get the combo unit here.

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/objective2-amplifer-with-odac.html

If you want the RCA's you can get this

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/portable-objective2-with-rcas.html

And this

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/odac---standalone.html

I was looking at the ODAC+O2 Combo, just wondering would I be able to run speakers and headphones both at the same time from this combo? Or should I go DAC standalone+Amp? Thanks for help in advance.

Your going to have to get a splitter if you want to use both at the same time, or get one of my custom amps with RCA's. or if you don't mind unplugging the headphones and plugging in the speakers each time.

FiiO E10 can run both, but it's not quite as nice as an Objective amp...

Don't know off the top of my head (I'm too lazy to look it up on my phone) but the fiio might not have enough power for the hd 600's.

Your going to have to get a splitter if you want to use both at the same time, or get one of my custom amps with RCA's. or if you don't mind unplugging the headphones and plugging in the speakers each time.

So I need a splitter for ODAC+O2? I don't really mind having to unplug them because I won't use both at the same time. I have the HD600s so I don't bother people at night.

I've been on your website before by the way, so If I were to get the RCA version of the Objective 2, would I still need DAC?

If you don't mind unplugging, you can get the combo unit here.

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/objective2-amplifer-with-odac.html

If you want the RCA's you can get this

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/portable-objective2-with-rcas.html

And this

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/odac---standalone.html

FiiO E10 can run both, but it's not quite as nice as an Objective amp...

I heard the FiiO E10 could run into problems because the HD600 Need up to 7 volts.

I heard the FiiO E10 could run into problems because the HD600 Need up to 7 volts.

That's what I'm thinking too, not 100% sure on that but the objective2 has a lot more power than the fiio.

I don't have a problem with my E10 with either my HD 650's or AKG 701's... It doesn't get the 701's loud enough obviously, but the Sennheisers are much more sensitive and I don't dare turn them up all the way.

Also, Mr. Mayflower, power != volts.  :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with my E10 with either my HD 650's or AKG 701's... It doesn't get the 701's loud enough obviously, but the Sennheisers are much more sensitive and I don't dare turn them up all the way.

Also, Mr. Mayflower, power != volts.  :rolleyes:

I was reading a few things on Hi-Fi and it can run into problems with music that has really High parts or lots of gain. The FiiO just pushes the line of being acceptable. 

Also I know the A5+ doesn't have a Sub, but audioengine offers an 8'' and I think 12'', Do you guys think it would be worth investing in? Granted I don't listen to that much music that is that base heavy

I was reading a few things on Hi-Fi and it can run into problems with music that has really High parts or lots of gain. The FiiO just pushes the line of being acceptable.

Also I know the A5+ doesn't have a Sub, but audioengine offers an 8'' and I think 12'', Do you guys think it would be worth investing in? Granted I don't listen to that much music that is that base heavy

If you don't really want a sub then save the money. If you are looking for a nice sub for cheap, check out velodyne.com And look under the refurbished units. I have the a2's and you can use the RCA's on the back of the unit and run them to the subwoofer.

Also, Mr. Mayflower, power != volts. :rolleyes:

Don't you roll your eyes at me, I went to college for that crap I know all about it! ;)

If you don't really want a sub then save the money. If you are looking for a nice sub for cheap, check out velodyne.com And look under the refurbished units. I have the a2's and you can use the RCA's on the back of the unit and run them to the subwoofer.

I'm kind of at a cross road here, because I could utilize the sub but not that much to where I think it's a good investment right now. I think I just might hold off on the sub. Thanks for the help.

Don't you roll your eyes at me, I went to college for that crap I know all about it! ;)

What did you study in College out of curiosity, If you don't mind me asking. I just finished up high school and am kind of looking at all options now.

What did you study in College out of curiosity, If you don't mind me asking. I just finished up high school and am kind of looking at all options now.

Electrical technology - it gets your feet wet for electrical engineering (which is where the money is) average starting salaries are around 80-100k. It's also nice knowing how electronics work and designing your own circuits.

The FiiO just pushes the line of being acceptable. 

It's not that bad, but I'm not trying to suggest you get it over an Objective solution.

Electrical technology - it gets your feet wet for electrical engineering (which is where the money is) average starting salaries are around 80-100k. It's also nice knowing how electronics work and designing your own circuits.

Alright thanks, I'm kind of deciding what I want to do still. Or at least whats a viable career option. I really like computers, music, etc. I was kind of think about going to school for illustration because I want to get into concept art because I really enjoy using photoshop, etc. But I would love to do something with Audio equipment.

Alright thanks, I'm kind of deciding what I want to do still. Or at least whats a viable career option. I really like computers, music, etc. I was kind of think about going to school for illustration because I want to get into concept art because I really enjoy using photoshop, etc. But I would love to do something with Audio equipment.

Find your most favorite thing to do (your favorite hobby) and go to school for it. That's what I did, and look what became of it! :)

Find your most favorite thing to do (your favorite hobby) and go to school for it. That's what I did, and look what became of it! :)

Sound advice. I think I'm going to stick to my concept artist endeavor. I've always liked art and I love using photoshop to create digital paintings, etc.

Thanks for all the help :)