HD Sentinel shows HDD Health @ 56%

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by don_svetlio,

Anything that I should do?

A bad sector means physical damage on the platter. Nothing you can do. Back-up your data and get a new drive

Should I be worried that Hard Disk Sentinel shows that my WD Blue drive's health is on 56% which is labeled as fair? According to the program, it has 31 bad sectors, has only been powered on for 107 days and 10 hours, only has 538 days left before it could possibly fail. And if not, what can I do to fix these bad sectors?

Attached Screenshots: Screenshot from CrystalDiskInfo window, and the S.M.A.R.T attribute chart.

post-82117-0-02216600-1453816446.png

post-82117-0-09164000-1453816452.png

post-82117-0-32984300-1453816705.png

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Change that hard drive asap

Should I be worried that Hard Disk Sentinel shows that my WD Blue drive's health is on 56% which is labeled as fair? According to the program, it has 31 bad sectors, has only been powered on for 107 days and 10 hours, only has 538 days left before it could possibly fail. And if not, what can I do to fix these bad sectors?

I wouldn't trust HD Sentinel - it reports some new SSDs as nearly dead.

I'd recommend something like CrystalDiskInfo or the monitoring thing you can use through SpeedFan.

Also I wouldn't believe that that drive were dying that soon. It could be, but IDK.

I know a guy who has an HDD that has about 12 years runtime still going strong. I'm sure he keeps the data on it backed up and stuff like that, but it's on "warning" according to CrystalDiskInfo.

Sig under construction.

I wouldn't trust HD Sentinel - it reports some new SSDs as nearly dead.

I'd recommend something like CrystalDiskInfo or the monitoring thing you can use through SpeedFan.

Also I wouldn't believe that that drive were dying that soon. It could be, but IDK.

I know a guy who has an HDD that has about 12 years runtime still going strong. I'm sure he keeps the data on it backed up and stuff like that, but it's on "warning" according to CrystalDiskInfo.

Alright, I'm gonna download CrystalDiskInfo to see if it's actually real or not.

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Alright, I'm gonna download CrystalDiskInfo to see if it's actually real or not.

Get SpeedFan too while you're at it

Sig under construction.

Alright, this is quite odd. I have two hard drives in this system, a 160GB ExcelStor (an old HDD company purchased by Iomega) HDD and a 1TB WD Blue drive. Both of these drives have a Caution health status, while in HD Sentinel, only the WD drive has the low health problem. I will attach a screenshot on my original post.

Alright, this is quite odd. I have two hard drives in this system, a 160GB ExcelStor (an old HDD company purchased by Iomega) HDD and a 1TB WD Blue drive. Both of these drives have a Caution health status, while in HD Sentinel, only the WD drive has the low health problem. I will attach a screenshot on my original post.

Post SMART charts

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Get SpeedFan too while you're at it

I've downloaded both programs. Checking the S.M.A.R.T Attribute Chart, it seems that the drive has a problem with "Current Pending Sector Count" and "Uncorrectable Sector Count"

I've downloaded both programs. Checking the S.M.A.R.T Attribute Chart, it seems that the drive has a problem with "Current Pending Sector Count" and "Uncorrectable Sector Count"

Bad sectors. Not good.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Bad sectors. Not good.

A bad sector means physical damage on the platter. Nothing you can do. Back-up your data and get a new drive