MSI Z170A Gaming M7 SATA Port Issue

Master Disaster

I've been having issues with my SATA ports for a while now so today I decided to try and get to the bottom of it and see if I could discover why some ports work while other don't.

After messing with SATA Cables for 15 minutes I managed to identify which cable goes to which device and also I managed to find out that any device plugged into Ports 5 or 6 or my MoBo don't work at all. I've tried my BD Burner, an SSD and a Mechanical Drive in both slots but nothing is ever detected? Now I know my UEFI inside out and I can say with 100% certainty that my UEFI is properly configured.

My next thought was it might be because I jave an M.2 NVMe SSD installed which is disabling the ports but I've looked through my manual and I can't see anything which suggests that to be the case.

Now I'm stumped because I have 5 SATA devices, 2 SSDs, 2 HDDs and a BD Writer which all need to be plugged in however I only have 4 working SATA ports. This is annoying as today I really needed to burn a DVD so I had to swap things around to get the DVD burned working but now I have no access to my Steam HDD so when the burn is done I have to swap them back again. Thing is I know they used to work when I first installed everything.

Anybody got any ideas what might be going on here? Is it because of the M.2?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)