What cpu for a r9 380 4gb?

I was wonder what cpu to get for my system and needed help. I currently have a r9 380 4gb that has a mild overclock on it and was wonder what cpu I should get. I will be using this system for gaming at 1080p and a small amount of video editing. I know I want intel but other than that I am open to suggestions. :)

I was wonder what cpu to get for my system and needed help. I thought I could not be alone in this question so I made this discussion for people to get help. I currently have a r9 380 4gb that has a mild overclock on it and was wonder what cpu I should get. I will be using this system for gaming and a small amount of video editing. I know I want intel but other than that I am open to suggestions. :)

Welcome to the Forum!

What are you currently working with and what's your budget and rough location?

Also, in the case of video editing you might want to upgrade your RAM some depending on how much you have.

Sig under construction.

I was wonder what cpu to get for my system and needed help. I currently have a r9 380 4gb that has a mild overclock on it and was wonder what cpu I should get. I will be using this system for gaming at 1080p and a small amount of video editing. I know I want intel but other than that I am open to suggestions. :)

I usually pair a R9 380 with a i5 4460 or i5 6500.

I have a rough budget of just about $350 for cpu so almost anything is open and for ram I already know I am going with 16gb. Currently I have a i3-4160 and a z87 board so I am expecting to upgrade mobo with cpu. I would prefer to stay with the gpu I have because I don't play anything intense.

I have a rough budget of just about $350 for cpu so almost anything is open and for ram I already know I am going with 16gb.

I would get a better GPU and then a 4690k

I have a rough budget of just about $350 for cpu so almost anything is open and for ram I already know I am going with 16gb.

How often are you editing/rendering?

I would say get a Xeon 1231 v3 if you're rendering almost daily and getting money from it, but if you're not rendering very often or getting paid for it, get a i5 4460 or i5 6500. (Assuming you're not overclocking)

How often are you editing/rendering?

I would say get a Xeon 1231 v3 if you're rendering almost daily and getting money from it, but if you're not rendering very often or getting paid for it, get a i5 4460 or i5 6500. (Assuming you're not overclocking)

Thx for the help I only render about twice a week so this was very helpful :)

I have a rough budget of just about $350 for cpu so almost anything is open and for ram I already know I am going with 16gb. Currently I have a i3-4160 and a z87 board so I am expecting to upgrade mobo with cpu. I would prefer to stay with the gpu I have because I don't play anything intense.

You won't have to upgrade the mobo. I'd upgrade the BIOS on that motherboard and upgrade to a Haswell Refresh i5. If you went for something that was Haswell as opposed to Haswell Refresh, you wouldn't even need to upgrade the BIOS, but you'd probably see worse temps and overclocking.

Sig under construction.

You won't have to upgrade the mobo. I'd upgrade the BIOS on that motherboard and upgrade to a Haswell Refresh i5. If you went for something that was Haswell as opposed to Haswell Refresh, you wouldn't even need to upgrade the BIOS, but you'd probably see worse temps and overclocking.

Thx it seems like I will go for something around a i5-4690k

What is your budget for cpu+ram +motherboard ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

What is your budget for cpu+ram +motherboard ?

I was thinking at max $200 for mobo $100 for ram and $350 for cpu

I was thinking at max $200 for mobo $100 for ram and $350 for cpu

then i would say i7 4790k + 16gb ddr3 +z97 krait (asrock). But if you have so much to spend , a better option would be i5 6500+ z170 +16 ddr4 , and then get an r9 390(x) instead

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

then i would say i7 4790k + 16gb ddr3 +z97 krait (asrock). But if you have so much to spend , a better option would be i5 6500+ z170 +16 ddr4 , and then get an r9 390(x) instead

Thx i think I would probably go with the i7-4790k

Upgrade the MB bios to the latest with your i3 and get a i7 4790k and a good cooler. Overclock it and you'll have a cpu beast for several years.

Moving from z87+ddr3 is a waste of money for no tangible performance increase, specially if you overclock the 4790k.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3