Swiftech waterloop

i know its better to go with a Full Custom Watercooling loop for both cpu and gpu setups.  but thought about the new Swiftech Watercooling AIO's the 220x and the 320x. and thought that if they are any decent at the cooling aspect and can be added to existing loops would it be effecient to simply remove the cpu block on one and instead tie it in to a gpu block to have a somewhat custom watercooling loop that way instead of having to order all the parts from a company like EKWB i mean you will still have to get some fittings and the waterblocks but atleast this way your getting the fans/rads/res/and pumps all in one.

pretty much just asking if anyone els has done this and if they had any success?

i know its better to go with a Full Custom Watercooling loop for both cpu and gpu setups.  but thought about the new Swiftech Watercooling AIO's the 220x and the 320x. and thought that if they are any decent at the cooling aspect and can be added to existing loops would it be effecient to simply remove the cpu block on one and instead tie it in to a gpu block to have a somewhat custom watercooling loop that way instead of having to order all the parts from a company like EKWB i mean you will still have to get some fittings and the waterblocks but atleast this way your getting the fans/rads/res/and pumps all in one.

pretty much just asking if anyone els has done this and if they had any success?

You can do it, and many people have had success. I will tell you straight out that almost no full single loop custom watercooling can reach the same temps as a similar CPU-only loop. The heat pollution from GPU(s) is just too much.

You can also use the new swiftech AIOs with the NZXT G10 bracket for a diy hybrid card.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

so its doable but not worth it =P

Yea...

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

so its doable but not worth it =P

Also If you where going to use two loops I would combine them to have redundant pumps. Sure there is a performance drop from 2 separate loops but the chances of 2 pumps failing in a short window is quite a bit smaller.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

makes sense. originaly thought of doing this with the hopes of cutting costs and had thought of combining them into one big loop. i think it would look nice with how the swiftech components are set up. i like the 2 separate loops like in skunkworks from jays 2 cents though. especially if i was going to go multigpu, and would like to but after i purchased my 980 ti lightning from msi i havent found a waterblock that i like to go with it. and multi gpu lightning is pricy =P

I'm not 100% sure the pump on the swiftech would be good for 2 gpu blocks (at least in series) as that would be quite a low flow setup for a relatively low pressure pump (compared to something like the D5's that Jay runs.) I have run my 240x with a gpu and extra radiator in the loop with no issue but adding another high constriction block would make me worry about it causing some issues.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

makes sense. originaly thought of doing this with the hopes of cutting costs and had thought of combining them into one big loop. i think it would look nice with how the swiftech components are set up. i like the 2 separate loops like in skunkworks from jays 2 cents though. especially if i was going to go multigpu, and would like to but after i purchased my 980 ti lightning from msi i havent found a waterblock that i like to go with it. and multi gpu lightning is pricy =P

The Lightning doesn't have any waterblocks. EK has explicitly said they will NOT be making one.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS