School Project...

ShadowDeity

Hey guys, wanted your input on this.

My partner and I were working on a school project last week (we're in Grade 12) and we were researching the coil gun made by a Norwegian inventor. 

My friend made a sort of prototype for our presentation.  It was a bright blue nerf gun with some duct tape and a watch.  The teacher sent it down to the main office and they went beserk.

Shit kinda hit the fan today when the VP's called my partner who made it down to the office to get in shit for it. 

Like really?  It was a nerf gun...  Treat us like adults please.

Input?  Should I say anything or let it blow over?  Exams are in 2 days..

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Your school staff sound really fucking dumb.... Have they not seen a real gun before?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

It's their fault for letting you do research on a gun in the first place. 

We were doing research on a country and we needed to show inventions so we chose the coil gun.  It never even actually worked in real life.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

I made a coil gun for a photovoltaic cannon competition, and I won. But I had the proper warnings and stuff on it, and I did not make it look like a gun. Every school I have been to dont allow anything gun like. Remember the poptart gun kid?

Your school staff sound really fucking dumb.... Have they not seen a real gun before?

Lol, tell me about it.  My teacher said he knew it wasn't a real gun, but it's "What the gun represents that's bad".  You're kidding right?

// Floatplane Pilot //

Just tell the teacher what happend. They will probably understand the situation.

I made a coil gun for a photovoltaic cannon competition, and I won. But I had the proper warnings and stuff on it, and I did not make it look like a gun. Every school I have been to dont allow anything gun like. Remember the poptart gun kid?

Yeah, this also reminded me of the bomb-alarm clock kid they mentioned on the WAN show.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Hey guys, wanted your input on this.

My partner and I were working on a school project last week (we're in Grade 12) and we were researching the coil gun made by a Norwegian inventor. 

My friend made a sort of prototype for our presentation.  It was a bright blue nerf gun with some duct tape and a watch.  The teacher sent it down to the main office and they went beserk.

Shit kinda hit the fan today when the VP's called my partner who made it down to the office to get in shit for it. 

Like really?  It was a nerf gun...  Treat us like adults please.

Input?  Should I say anything or let it blow over?  Exams are in 2 days..

Said the 17 year old

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Said the 17 year old

Yeah.  Don't treat us like we are four years old.  We're not stupid.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Said the 17 year old

At 18 you're considered an adult by society, so I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

At 18 you're considered an adult by society, so I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

...That hes under the age society considers a person an adult? ..its really not that hard of a concept to grasp

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

...That hes under the age society considers a person an adult? ..its really not that hard of a concept to grasp

He should still be treated like one, if you go to a college or a high school you get treated like one... well at least in the UK you do.

Nope. You fucked up.

In today's hyper sensitive society, you can't bring anything to school that remotely looks like anything dangerous. Even with proper supervision and admin support, no good can come from bringing anything like that to school. There are horror stories around the net about stuff like this.

personal favorite is a kid who brought a cake and serving knife to school for a birthday. Teacher cuts the cake then sends him to the principal's office for bringing a weapon to school.

It's about the administration covering their ass. They don't care about you, or your project. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Sounds vaguely like the time that I brought live shotgun shells in for show and tell...  :lol:

I hated that time of my life so much.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

How hard is to to have common sense for some people? I swear it's like its the most forgotten thing ever.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Sounds vaguely like the time that I brought live shotgun shells in for show and tell... :lol:

I hated that time of my life so much.

LOL!!! I bet they had you in a watch list for a while after that.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.