New Motherboard Swap With Free Windows 10 Upgrade

So I've been looking at taking my pc to a smaller level by buy a mini itx board. My question is I bought Windows 8.1 full retail licence a while back and did a free upgrade to windows 10. But will my new motherboard be okay? Will I have to buy a new licence or will I be able to use my windows 8 key to reactivate windows 10 when I swap out the boards. And if so how?

If you still have the key I think reusing the Win 8 key on the Win 10 activation will work.. (Assuming you are doing a fresh install)

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

If you still have the key I think reusing the Win 8 key on the Win 10 activation will work.. (Assuming you are doing a fresh install)

So what your saying is that if I swap the boards and then fresh install it should work?

So what your saying is that if I swap the boards and then fresh install it should work?

I'm not 100% sure if it will or not, I would recommend a fresh install anyway and if it doesn't activate (I recently tried this and it DID, but it may differ), then you can spend like half an hour and talk to Micro$oft, and they will probably give you another key.

If you have to contact Microsoft, open run, and type in "slui 4"

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

If your Windows 8.1 key has already been used to activate Windows 10, it has probably been locked to your old motherboard already.

You will probably need to get a new license copy to activate on the new mobo.

Unless you want to call up MS support to appeal for your old license to be unlocked. You can tell them your old mobo died.

Either way you will want to fresh install Windows 10. You will be able to activate with an unused Windows 7/8.1 license key without going through the upgrade process.

You can get a Home/Pro license of earlier Windows version for $20/$25 respectively, from r/microsoftsoftwareswap

Yes the license he sells are legit.

I heard if you have a retail license (not an OEM) you can use it multiple times but each time it deactivates the privous computer. I was just making sure if this was true for the "free" upgrade to windows 10.