A better replacement for my HyperX Cloud mic?

Hollengrhen
Go to solution Solved by lkarej,

As far as I'm aware decent mics cost a fair chunk of cash.

Same thing happened to my mic on my cloud's. Except instead of static it would random boost to 100000* in volume and then stopped working altogether.

I was planning on ordering some stuff on amazon so I just added a Blue yeti that was on sale to my cart.

Anyways if you want something on the headset IIRC Modmic is your only choice. Maybe Kingston HyperX sells replacements?

So after a year of using my HyperX Cloud, the mic starts producing static sounds whenever it is moved slightly, and the metal coating is chipping off. I'm now on the search for a better mic that (preferably) fits on the 3.5mm jack on my HyperX Cloud. I was thinking about getting the ModMic 4.0 from Antlion, and while it's pretty neat, I find it a little bit pricey. Are there any cheaper/better solutions?

is happy.

Same thing happened to my mic on my cloud's. Except instead of static it would random boost to 100000* in volume and then stopped working altogether.

I was planning on ordering some stuff on amazon so I just added a Blue yeti that was on sale to my cart.

Anyways if you want something on the headset IIRC Modmic is your only choice. Maybe Kingston HyperX sells replacements?

I make bad life decisions.

On budget, i only know sony clip-on one for 20 bucks. 

A desktop USB condenser mic. I recommend the CAD U37 ($50)

For $15, you can snag a Neewer N700, although you'll need a USB to XLR mini preamp. It won't work with a simple audio adapter, as condenser microphones need Phantom Power (+48v).

Thank you guys for your suggestions, but I don't really want a desktop microphone due to the lack of space, so I'm just gonna go with the ModMic.

is happy.