OCing With MSI B85-G43 GAMING and a Pentium G3258

Go to solution Solved by CountMaxMore,

Problem Solved I am Oc'd at 4.3 Ghz i was clicking and using the positive negative buttons where if you just type 40 it will clock it

Hey, I recently purchased a Msi B85-G43 Gaming board and wanted to overclock my Pentium with it but shortly after purchase I realized the board requires a downgrade in BIOS to overclock this cpu I was going to do it but was a tad worried that it might change the ram compatibility list but I could be over thinking it, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL that is what I have for ram before I continue with my procedure I just want some advice to see if this will screw my system a new one or work successfully

Hey, I recently purchased a Msi B85-G43 Gaming board and wanted to overclock my Pentium with it but shortly after purchase I realized the board requires a downgrade in BIOS to overclock this cpu I was going to do it but was a tad worried that it might change the ram compatibility list but I could be over thinking it, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL that is what I have for ram before I continue with my procedure I just want some advice to see if this will screw my system a new one or work successfully

I don't see anything wrong with that but you should really contact MSI support about that.  http://us.msi.com/support

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Same motheboard! did you bought it becuase it was cheap like me ? anyway,i didnt know that a BIOS downgrade could change the ram compatibility list tho. i don't even know if there's even a ram compatibility list at all. all i know the board run at 1600hz max

The ram works fine with any bios. Feel free to go back to an older one.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There is a ram compatibility list and it's just me being worried and yeah I bought it cause it's cheap

If your going to use that ripjaws it will work and it will just go to 1333MHz if your using A Pentium unless if the MoBo support XMP

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

so i rolled my bios back and my computer still wont overclock am i missing something?

CPU: G3258(4.3GHZ@1.240VOLTS)

MOBO: MSI H81M-P33(BIOS VERSION 1.9)

RAM:GSKILLS RIPJAWS 2X4GB 1600MHZ (@1333GHZ)

PSU:CORSAIR VS450

Unless msi did not support the B85M Gaming to OC that G3258 you should contact them.

GAMING RIG

Unless msi did not support the B85M Gaming to OC that G3258 you should contact them.

And try to watch this video

GAMING RIG

And try to watch this video

What video? and also on it contacting msi

Problem Solved I am Oc'd at 4.3 Ghz i was clicking and using the positive negative buttons where if you just type 40 it will clock it

Yeah, MSI does that for oc'ing sometimes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.