Windows 8.1 Media Player Problems

Hello all 

This is my first Post but been looking on this forum for a long time.

Anyway to my Problem.

Im Running Windows 8.1 Pro on a i5 4670k 8GB Ram, 500gb SSD with a AMD Raedon HD7970

I done a clean install when i acquired my SSD at Christmas and all was going fine etc until this week with Media Player. I added 3 albums to my Library and now since my Windows Media Player keeps Crashing.

MP%20Crash_zpswg0ax4x6.jpg

No i have Run Trouble shooter

and acording to windows it has done the fixes 

0_zpskzxy8emu.jpg

2_zpsasltcjmo.jpg

3_zps8ohlmcsm.jpg

But when i open Media Player and it recreates the libary it crashes again and says the libary is corrupt etc as above.

Now my Music\Pictures & Vids are on a separate 500GB Seatgate drive in my PC and never had a problem until today, but if i remove the folder of music on the Seagate drive i have no crashing?? ive scanned the drive and there is no bad sectors and have defragged the Library Drive. and still a prob.

Any Ideas??

Many Thanks in advance

Also i have Uninstalled Media Player and reinstalled it and no fix

Try VLC Player, check if your music playable on VLC.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Hello all

This is my first Post but been looking on this forum for a long time.

Anyway to my Problem.

Im Running Windows 8.1 Pro on a i5 4670k 8GB Ram, 500gb SSD with a AMD Raedon HD7970

I done a clean install when i acquired my SSD at Christmas and all was going fine etc until this week with Media Player. I added 3 albums to my Library and now since my Windows Media Player keeps Crashing.

MP%20Crash_zpswg0ax4x6.jpg

No i have Run Trouble shooter

and acording to windows it has done the fixes

0_zpskzxy8emu.jpg

2_zpsasltcjmo.jpg

3_zps8ohlmcsm.jpg

But when i open Media Player and it recreates the libary it crashes again and says the libary is corrupt etc as above.

Now my Music\Pictures & Vids are on a separate 500GB Seatgate drive in my PC and never had a problem until today, but if i remove the folder of music on the Seagate drive i have no crashing?? ive scanned the drive and there is no bad sectors and have defragged the Library Drive. and still a prob.

Any Ideas??

Many Thanks in advance

Try switching to vlc or reinstall windows. I had a similar issue with Windows Media Player and it did not happen to vlc only windows media player. When I play a video file on window media player the video looks yellowish. So I switched to vlc and it resolved the issue. But the next day I've broke my own copy of Windows 10 so I had to reinstall windows 10 (luckily most my data was on a separate partition). After reinstall and Windows Media Player works like normal again but I've decided to switch to vlc, windows media player is for audio only

vlc player is a lot better than windows media player. Lots more options, and quicker playback. Just make sure you download the 64 bit version if you have 64 bit windows. Its a bit faster than the 32bit one.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Well i Fixed the issue it was the Photos in the Library that was causing the issue, But i will give VLC a try.

Thanks for the Help :) 

vlc player is a lot better than windows media player. Lots more options, and quicker playback. Just make sure you download the 64 bit version if you have 64 bit windows. Its a bit faster than the 32bit one.

I cant seem to find a 64bit on a 32 bit?

I cant seem to find a 64bit on a 32 bit?

http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.2.1/win64/vlc-2.2.1-win64.exe

If that does not work, hit the down arrow beside the download and pick the 64 bit installer.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Ofc it's crashing, that's what Microsoft's media center software does, you're supposed to install VLC before you even get to play any video or music files...