Python help

Hyperthread1

Im new at python and i have been given this question to answer and i still have no clue what it means. can someone help me anser this or make the code for it? That would be great!

Write a program that contains a function called mystery that takes two arguments, x and y, and returns x // y.  Call the function with several pairs of integers; both positive, both negative, one positive and one negative.  Note the results of the python // operator on integers.   Next call the mystery function with pairs of float values.  Note the results  of the python // operator on floatsDesign the program and show your design to me before you begin coding.  Remember to incorporate what you have learned thus far; lists, functions, parameters, etc.

def mystery(x,y):    return x // yprint(mystery(5,9))print(mystery(1.044,6.49))

Im new at python and i have been given this question to answer and i still have no clue what it means. can someone help me anser this or make the code for it? That would be great!

Write a program that contains a function called mystery that takes two arguments, x and y, and returns x // y.  Call the function with several pairs of integers; both positive, both negative, one positive and one negative.  Note the results of the python // operator on integers.   Next call the mystery function with pairs of float values.  Note the results  of the python // operator on floats.  Design the program and show your design to me before you begin coding.  Remember to incorporate what you have learned thus far; lists, functions, parameters, etc.

That's the jist of it, change the integers at the end as necessary.
I.e. print(mystery(-5,-9))