Any good desk chairs?

Okjoek

I went to the local Staples store to browse and they had some pretty comfy chairs as low price as 50-60 dollars for some chairs. And I'm cheap so that's how I like it. My current chair has a giant tear in it, the elevation mechanism is busted, it has no arm rest and I think the back rest is supposed to be adjustable, but it doesn't work either. Basically my chair is garbage and I wouldn't use it if I had an alternative a bit more comfy than a cold hard folding chair.

I'm hesitant to buy it online because it's one of those items I think I'd rather get the feel of as a demo at the store because IMO the risk of being disappointed because everyone's body layout is different is much larger.

I don't think I've seen Linus review any office/ gaming chairs for people on a budget (under 80 US dollars), but if he did I'd like to see it.

its hard to find good feeling chairs in that price imo. mine cost a bit over a hundred. especially ones that look good while being usable

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

its hard to find good feeling chairs in that price imo. mine cost a bit over a hundred. especially ones that look good while being usable

I have a feel that the extra price goes mostly into making the chair more durable because in the store I didn't feel too big a difference in comfort in different price groups. Maybe I just wasn't sitting in them long enough to feel the effects of the specific chairs over time.

EDIT: Ah I didn't know chairs would fall into this thread category, sorry.

I have a mesh-back chair with a really thick cushion that I picked up from a thrift store for about $15. Sometimes you can get really good finds like that - most thrift stores I've seen have loads of office chairs.

I have a mesh-back chair with a really thick cushion that I picked up from a thrift store for about $15. Sometimes you can get really good finds like that - most thrift stores I've seen have loads of office chairs.

not really OT, but a question nontheless;

how does a meshback chair compare to a fully cushioned chair? my old ikea fully cushioned desk chair is probably seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at this point, and i saw some really good deals on meshback chairs. just wondering if they would be worth it.

EDIT: I can't stop changing my mind, but this time I think I'm sure. This chair looks looks durable and comfortable at the same time. Cost isn't bad either.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HL-002566-Mid-Back-Office-Chair/dp/B00IFHPVEU/ref=pd_sbs_196_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=411H11DTHfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR115%2C160_&refRID=0GGXYE6BS166CYD08D0P

I like how the seat is physically connected to the back rest and the arm rests are mounted to the seat and back as well. Just looks like a more design.

not really OT, but a question nontheless;

how does a meshback chair compare to a fully cushioned chair? my old ikea fully cushioned desk chair is probably seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at this point, and i saw some really good deals on meshback chairs. just wondering if they would be worth it.

I expect it depends on the chair, but at least with this one, I find that there is far better and more consistent support for the spine. At least compared to other chairs I've had, my mesh-back chair is vastly superior imo. You get ventilation to your back, it's easy to clean, takes much longer to wear out (and doesn't flatten - it's held taut by the frame, which is a GODSEND if you spend a large amount of time with your back mashed into a chair) and is quite comfortable whilst shaped in a way that "gently" forces your back into a good posture. It's like sitting back against a giant, springy Pringle. I find I don't slouch as much in my chair, if I want to lean back, I just set it to lean back.

I can't say I would enjoy it that much for the bottom cushion, though - that's a large solid mass of bone and muscle which can't really conform to anything. Mine has a cushion that's really nice, it's dense and butt-hugging like memory foam but it's far more resilient like regular foam.

But yeah, for $15 this thing was a steal. Only thing that would make me change chairs would be if I won a thousand dollars in Steelcase gift cards.