New skylake build having issues with boot errors

Zaxxon

Hi everyone,

I completed my first build and I am having some issues I could use help with. The main problem is that I am getting boot errors when starting up (see pics). It happens randomly. Usually it will load Windows and then seems to run fine. The system has never crashed while in Windows, just when starting up or during a restart, etc.

I updated to the latest BIOS (f5g) and the only setting I have changed was the xmp to profile 1.  Idle CPU temps are high 20's in the bios and MSI afterburner shows 17-20 C. Never seen it go above 40C. I am currently running the system with default BIOS settings and XMP disabled to see if that may be causing the error. However, the ram is on the supported memory list for the board and this is such a minor overclock it doesn't seem normal.

I am also getting some interesting numbers on the debug led that are not in the manual. Gigabyte tech support doesn't really know what they are. While running Windows it is supposed to read AO as far as I know. The numbers appear to have something to do with the sleep/hibernate/fast startup settings in Windows. If I disable fast startup in windows the reading will be a normal AO all the time. With fast start up on it will show 04 from a cold boot and then AO with subsequent restarts. Shut down and its back to 04. Sometimes it changes to 03 while running Windows and it seems like that may be related to the sleep function. Windows also will not sleep unless I enable hibernate in the power settings.

Anyway, I don't know if the debug LED issue is normal or not but the boot errors are a definite problem and I am about to just RMA the MB and memory.  If it comes to that I will definitely pick out different memory but I am not sure if I should try the same MB again. There isn't really anything else that I like in the price range. Maybe MSI gaming M5. Hopefully it can be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

More info = I had the issue before I updated the bios and it was there before I installed the wireless adapter in the picture.

MB, Gigabyte GA Z170X UD5 

CPU, I7 6700k

CPU cooler, Hyper 212 Evo 

PSU, EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR

Memory, G.SKILL NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 (F4-2400C15D-16GNT)

SSD, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III (MZ-75E500B/AM)

No GPU installed yet.

Windows 10 full retail USB version

Unless anyone else knows why this is happening I would contact gigabyte about the problem. 

My PC specs: Strix gtx 980ti, i7 5930k @4.1, 32GB RAM, 400GB intel 750 SSD, 

Also ran memtest 86 for 30 minutes with no errors.