Confused on which BIOS to get.

Stupid question, I know...

I'm on Intel's support site to update the BIOS to my DZ77SL-50K, and something seems a tad off to me:

SIZanI1.png

Am I missing something here?  Should I go with the "latest," 2013 BIOS, or the actual "latest" BIOS from 2014?

[witty signature]

Ah, Intel... they've never been good with numbers :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

the latest

but, it's older...  :wacko:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

but, it's older...  :wacko:

my guess is that the other one just had to be reuploaded look at the actual version number

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This is almost like Intel's marketing tactics where they try and get us to buy their Xeon e5 skylake processors by telling us its only $157 more than I would pay for a normal desktop.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

my guess is that the other one just had to be reuploaded look at the actual version number

Could be.  Now that I look closer, everything about that 0087 seems off; the version number breaks the pattern, its date is weird, is has 4 more lines to show while the others have 6... 

yeah, go with 0097 OP

the latest

Could be.  Now that I look closer, everything about that 0087 seems off; the version number breaks the pattern, its date is weird, is has 4 more lines to show while the others have 6... 

yeah, go with 0097 OP

2013 it is then.  Thanks for clearing it up for me, guys.

[witty signature]