Car radio only shows 999 songs from USB flash drive

Dylan lol

Hey i just got my new radio and i use my flash drive with a little over 2k songs on it and play that on shuffle. I found out the radio only shows 999 songs so it only plays songs from A to I. Anyone know how to make it so I can play all 2k songs on shuffle? Im currently making 3 folders on my flash drive: 2 with 999 each and the 3rd folder with the leftover songs, but i doubt itll work. Any ideas? dont wanna have to plug in my ipod if i dont have to, i prefer my flash drive

It's probably just an arbitrary limit set by the program on the car's computer.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hey i just got my new radio and i use my flash drive with a little over 2k songs on it and play that on shuffle. I found out the radio only shows 999 songs so it only plays songs from A to I. Anyone know how to make it so I can play all 2k songs on shuffle? Im currently making 3 folders on my flash drive: 2 with 999 each and the 3rd folder with the leftover songs, but i doubt itll work. Any ideas? dont wanna have to plug in my ipod if i dont have to, i prefer my flash drive

As Nineshadow said, there's probably no way around it. The computer, car head, whatever you want to call it is putting a limitation.  Most likely due to memory limits and/or storage capacities even if it's a separate drive.  But what do I know?  I'm an audiophile.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Is it a stock radio from the manufacturer, or is it an aftermarket radio?

kenwood 165u

kenwood 165u

Yeah, aftermarket, and a cheap one at that.

I would recommend buying a newer one from Clarion, Alpine, or basically anything better than the entry-level market for car audio.

Doesn't have to be one of those $700 super-systems, but something in the $200+ range should solve your problem. It's a limitation in the programming for your stereo, and I don't think it can be updated... Not that an update was written, even if it was possible. I would recommend going to a local aftermarket-audio store to check some out in person and make sure they support your high number of songs before you buy one.

~Cynical~

Spec sheet says,

Maximum # of Folders/Files 999 folders/20,480 files (999 files per folder)

Do you have a different flash drive you could try?  I have a cheap Alpine in my icehouse that's really picky about what drive you use, only 500 songs will show up when using a cheap Micro Center drive but it has no problem reading 5000+ off a Corsair or Sandisk.

Spec sheet says,

Maximum # of Folders/Files 999 folders/20,480 files (999 files per folder)

Do you have a different flash drive you could try?  I have a cheap Alpine in my icehouse that's really picky about what drive you use, only 500 songs will show up when using a cheap Micro Center drive but it has no problem reading 5000+ off a Corsair or Sandisk.

using a 32gb sandisk. i have a 128gb adata one ill try it later but doubt itll work

edit: wow im an idiot, shouldnt i just make a folder and put all the songs on that? i just dragged all my songs into the flash drive