Should I Stay or Should I Go? (CPU Edition)

Greetings Brethren,

I am finally building a second gaming PC for my home in Orlando but, since i come here twice a year, i don't want it to surpass the magical $500 mark (Not including windows...ugh). I've been doing a fair amount of research and, for a budget minded PC, the logical choice of cpu was the mythical FX-6300 for $100 on Amazon. This cpu is the price per performance king of the PC community, according with the research i've done. So, the thing is, i came into this build fairly certain that i would wait until i came back in August to buy the GPU, because i'm pretty sure AMD and Nvidia are dropping baller cards this year, and then i stopped and wondered if i should wait for the CPU too. Keep in mind that anything that Intel launches (And is decent) is probably over my budget and Zen architecture is probably coming late 2016.

Ps: Some of you are probably going to say wait it out and see but the dollar is already 4 Brazilian Reais and i don't see that number dropping any time soon so i need to buy some parts before i can't afford it anymore

Ps2: Feel free to leave suggestions concerning parts. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone.         

The current price to performance king CPUs are the Core i3-6100 and Core i5-6400 actually. (Thank you, BCLK OCing)

Trust me guy, save your money and get Skylake or wait for Zen.

AMD has nothing that won't hold back their upcoming Arctic Islands or Nvidia's Pascal top of the line, tittyballer, GPUs.

EDIT: Your profile says you're rocking a 4770k and GTX 780.

What are you doing building a second gaming rig with inferior components?

"If you ain't first, you're last"

The current price to performance king CPUs are the Core i3-6100 and Core i5-6400 actually. (Thank you, BCLK OCing)

AMD has nothing that won't hold back their upcoming Arctic Islands or Nvidia's Pascal top of the line, tittyballer, GPUs.

Honestly dont go with the i3 it only has 2 cores. The i5 seems to be out of your budget, in my opinion spend more money on a GPU and go with the FX 6300 or 8350.

if you rarely come there, i'd suggest more so aiming your system at casual games than trying to minmax for the best performance in the latest and greatest of games,resulting in maybe skimping in other fields.

Honestly dont go with the i3 it only has 2 cores. The i5 seems to be out of your budget, in my opinion spend more money on a GPU and go with the FX 6300 or 8350.

Both FX CPUs are bad. Also, the i3 is good because of the hyperthreading.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

please enlighten me how someone will afford an FX8350 and a decent motherboard for it if they cant afford an equally priced i5?

Both FX CPUs are bad. Also, the i3 is good because of the hyperthreading.

6 and 8 cores will outrun the i3 especially when the processors are overclocked. The i5 will most likely outrun the 6300 and 8350 but they're probably out of his range.

please enlighten me how someone will afford an FX8350 and a decent motherboard for it if they cant afford an equally priced i5?

I said if he would like to go with a higher choice instead of the i5 he can go with the 8core FX 8350

6 and 8 cores will outrun the i3 especially when the processors are overclocked. The i5 will most likely outrun the 6300 and 8350 but they're probably out of his range.

That will literally never happen hahaha

Even at stock the i3's a better choice than the 8350 (Although you'll want to take advantage of OCing the i3)

And you're overclocking how? If he could afford a good enough motherboard and a good cooler he can afford an i5 quad.

I said if he would like to go with a higher choice instead of the i5 he can go with the 8core FX 8350

That would literally be a huge downgrade

EDIT: Your profile says you're rocking a 4770k and GTX 780.

What are you doing building a second gaming rig with inferior components?

Thanks for your input. Is a gaming system for my Orlando home, i live in Rio de Janeiro and only come here twice a year so i would like to build something that can play games but not be super expensive.

Ps: My specs are outdated i actually have two 970s now ;)  (Sold my very used 780 for the same price i've paid because of exchange rates!!!) 

And you're overclocking how? If he could afford a good enough motherboard and a good cooler he can afford an i5 quad.

Im saying if he wants to go with the higher choice the 8350 would be a better choice than the i5 in my opinion.

No, no they won't. Games still prefer single core performance over number of cores, and that's where Intel shines. An i3-4170 is equivalent in games to the FX-6300.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

No, no they won't. Games still prefer single core performance over number of cores, and that's where Intel shines. An i3-4170 is equivalent in games to the FX-6300.

Games such as far cry 3 and other games, and upcoming games are preferring at-least  4 cores.

In my opinion if your looking for a budget build and better for the 'bang for the buck' go with AMD and not intel due to the i3 being older than such AMD processors and more intense games are requesting more cores than what the i3 presents. Check this build out if you want, and change the gpu if you decide. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qqmpf7

if you rarely come there, i'd suggest more so aiming your system at casual games than trying to minmax for the best performance in the latest and greatest of games,resulting in maybe skimping in other fields.

I've become spoiled because of my main rig and don't play very casual games. But thanks for your input

I've become spoiled because of my main rig and don't play very casual games. But thanks for your input

Are you planning on playing graphical games like battlefield, Gta V and far cry? Or low end games such as Csgo or minecraft? If your planning on playing low-graphical games i'd suggest AMD chips but if your playing graphical games go with i5 (not i3).

Games such as far cry 3 and other games, and upcoming games are preferring at-least  4 cores.

i3 6100 with it's hyperthreading can run that no problem. Link, and link. And according to this dude, the older i3 4150 already trails behind an FX 6300. So the i3 6100 has no problem beating the FX 6300.

As to OP, I'd very much try to get the i5 6400. If not, i3 6100 is fine too if you're willing to upgrade in the future.

Honestly OP, i would really recommend getting an i5-6400.

It would be the cheapest option that would just about match the performance of your main rig in games.

In my opinion if your looking for a budget build and better for the 'bang for the buck' go with AMD and not intel due to the i3 being older than such AMD processors and more intense games are requesting more cores than what the i3 presents. Check this build out if you want, and change the gpu if you decide. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qqmpf7

Well your opinion's wrong because we're talking facts.

The i3-6100/i5-6400 is newer than anything AMD's got, also age means very little considering an i5-2500k runs circles around AMD as well.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($21.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $511.78

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-18 14:19 EST-0500

Best I could do if you really want a quad core but it's $11 over and only has a 2GB GPU... $30 more and you get a 4GB GPU btw.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 

Best I could do if you really want a quad core but it's $11 over and only has a 2GB GPU... $30 more and you get a 4GB GPU btw.

OP's not using US prices, i assume.

Thank you for your work!! :)

I am in the us right now so yeah

In that case

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($183.88 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Other: Windows 10 Home r/Microsoftwareswap ($30.00)
Total: $522.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-18 14:32 EST-0500

Left out the GPU for Arctic Islands or Pascal.
CPU cooler to OC that i5-6400
Windows 10 from Microsoftwareswap (buy from s5ean)
and upgraded PSU to something good and reliable.

That is if you can shill out the extra $22 over your $500 budget.