Corsair Mice

doinurmop
Go to solution Solved by olbaze,

Not worth it.

You shouldn't be buying your peripherals because they are from a specific manufacturer. That's almost always a very bad idea, as most companies can only do one or two things really good and manage to fuck everything else up.

If you want a G502, get a G502.

Back in the day I had a SideWinder X8, a Qpad CT with a SideWinder X8 art on it and a SideWinder X4 keyboard. Then I got a Zowie EC1 Evo, at which point having bought the X4 was pretty much a waste of money.

So after realizing all the corsair products I'm buying, I thought to myself

"Why don't I just have a whole corsair setup?"

So, what in your opinion, is a corsair mouse that rivals or bests the logitech G502?

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

So, what in your opinion, is a corsair mouse that rivals or bests the logitech G502?

Because I was on a budget, I grabbed the Corsair Sabre Optical. Amazing lighting options, comfy, 5 mappable buttons and feels like a 60 dollar mouse. (bought it for around 30)

What features do you want your mouse to have? Do you have any grip preference? What is your budget?

Doesn't exist, corsair makes them look cool and stuff, but function wise, only the Scimitar can compete, and that is if you can get past its crappy yellow rim and the oh-kay software.

G502 is arguably the best mouse on the planet.

Not worth it.

You shouldn't be buying your peripherals because they are from a specific manufacturer. That's almost always a very bad idea, as most companies can only do one or two things really good and manage to fuck everything else up.

Back in the day I had a SideWinder X8, a Qpad CT with a SideWinder X8 art on it and a SideWinder X4 keyboard. Then I got a Zowie EC1 Evo, at which point having bought the X4 was pretty much a waste of money.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

What features do you want your mouse to have? Do you have any grip preference? What is your budget?

I'm torn on what grip I prefer more, but I THINK I usually use palm, my budget is £60, and the features basically the same as a G502, especially the hyper scroll.

Doesn't exist, corsair makes them look cool and stuff, but function wise, only the Scimitar can compete, and that is if you can get past its crappy yellow rim and the oh-kay software.

G502 is arguably the best mouse on the planet.

Oh? I honestly would of thought Corsair made loads of good mice too. Hmm weird, I'll most likely end up getting a g502 though, the hyper scroll man.

Not worth it.

Hm. That's a bit irritating then, it would make my setup look nicer for everything to be a specific brand, but alright then.

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

I'm torn on what grip I prefer more, but I THINK I usually use palm, my budget is £60, and the features basically the same as a G502, especially the hyper scroll.

Oh? I honestly would of thought Corsair made loads of good mice too. Hmm weird, I'll most likely end up getting a g502 though, the hyper scroll man.

Hm. That's a bit irritating then, it would make my setup look nicer for everything to be a specific brand, but alright then.

3 mouses worth noting,

Scimitar,

m65,

and Sabre.

Rest is all last gen/has tramp stamp.

m90 was pretty good, but that has been stopped.

You should never buy products just to match brands. Corsair has some good mice but never look into buying a product with that mind set. It's not needed. 

If you are into fps: M65 has a sniper button which you will either love or think is total bullshit.

The Sabre is a good multifunction mouse that seems the most like the logitech you are trying to match.

For mmos the scimitar is unmatched imo. That being said the yellow side panel is indeed truly awful.

I very much enjoy my M95, especially the unique layout of the side-buttons as they circle around where my thumb rests instead of being in an unnatural grid-layout.  I even do pretty darn good at FPS with it too, it's pretty heavy but even in games like Quake 3 I still hold my own.