Pc Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by GrobfootGaming,

Yes, video card should be the most important thing for you to upgrade.  the 390 is a great card that will definitely meet your needs.  After you buy the video card you should be alright for a little while.  You could always upgrade stuff like adding an SSD or another 8gb of ram (not really needed but still).  

If you want to do a processor upgrade later on, you would probably have to go with an Intel chip.  Past the price point of the 8350 it would be more bang-for-your-buck to buy a higher end intel chip.  But also realize that you would have to buy a new motherboard as well.  So a processor upgrade could effectively cost you a good 350+ dollars (depending on the processor and motherboard)

These are my specs,

I want to upgrade my pc so i can try and play the latest games on max setting or atleast high , Example , Fallout 4 , Witcher 3 , Battle field 4 , and next gen games,

My budget will be 450$ , and i was gonna buy another video card ,*

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 390

but i think i need some help , with my specs, the only thing i need is a new video card? or something more? , and if u can find a better video card at a better price that can fit my budget , it would be greatly appreciated , Thank you!

1 x Processor AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970
1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module [AMD] DDR3-1866 G.SKILL Ripjaws X
1 x Video Card AMD Radeon R9 280 - 3GB - Single Card
1 x Case Lighting None
1 x Power Supply800W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze
1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan
1 Primax ry Hard Drive 1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

GPU would be a good upgrade for gaming, but look into getting a new CPU once you have the money.

Do you have a brand for that PSU? Sketchy no-name PSUs are not safe. Also, Gigabytes and ASUS' R9 390s are terrible, go for MSI,Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor, HIS. Plus, a R9 280x, such as the one you have (R9 280s dont have 3gb vram) still kick butt at 1080p.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

These are my specs,

I want to upgrade my pc so i can try and play the latest games on max setting or atleast high , Example , Fallout 4 , Witcher 3 , Battle field 4 , and next gen games,

My budget will be 450$ , and i was gonna buy another video card ,*

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 390

but i think i need some help , with my specs, the only thing i need is a new video card? or something more? , and if u can find a better video card at a better price that can fit my budget , it would be greatly appreciated , Thank you!

1 x Processor AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970

1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module [AMD] DDR3-1866 G.SKILL Ripjaws X

1 x Video Card AMD Radeon R9 280 - 3GB - Single Card

1 x Case Lighting None

1 x Power Supply800W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze

1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan

1 Primax ry Hard Drive 1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

I think you should get a new ram kit with 16gb and a ssd just for booting your os and keep the 1tb hard drive for games. Also get a new graphics card

GPU would be a good upgrade for gaming, but look into getting a new CPU once you have the money.

What would be a better CPU for gaming and how much would it cost?

Do you have a brand for that PSU? Sketchy no-name PSUs are not safe. Also, Gigabytes and ASUS' R9 390s are terrible, go for MSI,Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor, HIS. Plus, a R9 280x, such as the one you have (R9 280s dont have 3gb vram) still kick butt at 1080p.

Could u give me a example on what type of videos card would last me a while , even with the new games incoming 2016 - 2017 , So i dont have to worry about my Graphics card? sorry im still pretty new , i like to ask questions.

Yes, video card should be the most important thing for you to upgrade.  the 390 is a great card that will definitely meet your needs.  After you buy the video card you should be alright for a little while.  You could always upgrade stuff like adding an SSD or another 8gb of ram (not really needed but still).  

If you want to do a processor upgrade later on, you would probably have to go with an Intel chip.  Past the price point of the 8350 it would be more bang-for-your-buck to buy a higher end intel chip.  But also realize that you would have to buy a new motherboard as well.  So a processor upgrade could effectively cost you a good 350+ dollars (depending on the processor and motherboard)

Why are asus' radeon cards so bad that we should not even consider them?

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Because you should worship Nvidia as your overlord and saviour. Don't question Lord Maxwell again.

an i5 4690k would be a great CPU for gaming.  It doesn't match up to an i7 in terms of livestreaming or video editing, and it might not match up to the 8350 for that kind of stuff either, but the 4690k is an absolute monster of a gaming CPU.  Also if you buy the 4690k you will have to buy a new motherboard, and then you could easily upgrade to an i7 4790k down the line.  

I don't think that AMD CPUs are that great past the 8350 (which is still a great processor don't get me wrong) You might not even need to upgrade your CPU, honestly.  The 8350 is a great gaming CPU.  I would recommend just upgrading your video card and worrying about the processor later.

an i5 4690k would be a great CPU for gaming.  It doesn't match up to an i7 in terms of livestreaming or video editing, and it might not match up to the 8350 for that kind of stuff either, but the 4690k is an absolute monster of a gaming CPU.  Also if you buy the 4690k you will have to buy a new motherboard, and then you could easily upgrade to an i7 4790k down the line.  

I don't think that AMD CPUs are that great past the 8350 (which is still a great processor don't get me wrong) You might not even need to upgrade your CPU, honestly.  The 8350 is a great gaming CPU.  I would recommend just upgrading your video card and worrying about the processor later.

Thank you for the information! , id like to ask you one more thing ,what would be a Really good video card that is compatible with my pc , and really puts the frames to the test? Would a Gigabyte r9 390 be fine? or is there something better!

I run a 960 4gb but if you have some more money get a R9 390 or a 970.

6700k, but it won't give nearly as much of a boost as a GPU upgrade. It might not even make a difference if they games like sit's GPU power.

Thank you for the information! , id like to ask you one more thing ,what would be a Really good video card that is compatible with my pc , and really puts the frames to the test? Would a Gigabyte r9 390 be fine? or is there something better!

Well Sapphire is the Evga equivalent for AMD...basically, their coolers are designed with only AMD cards in mind where as coolers such as Asus DC2 are designed for more than just one card/chip.

Also, I don't see why can't people stop bashing the FX line of CPUs...they are old granted with not the best single core performance but it's still a decent chip.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Why are asus' radeon cards so bad that we should not even consider them?

They arn't as bad as Gigabyte's, but the others tend to have better coolers.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

If Radeon showed off their cards more, it would be a lot easier making a decision.