New Folder Question.

Hey guys, 

I just got my 7770 in the post and was wondering if I could whack my 7770 back in and let that do some folding? Would 600 watts be able to power both (my CPU isnt overclocked atm, or my GPU) If I leave the 7770 folding, will that impact performance? 

bchampion96

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

600w should be enough. and it shouldn't impact perfomance if you're doing normal things like watching videos or such. But don't exspect to play games while folding.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

600w should be enough. and it shouldn't impact perfomance if you're doing normal things like watching videos or such. But don't exspect to play games while folding.

sounds good. Thanks :)

sounds good. Thanks :)

no problem and welcome to the team.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

no problem and welcome to the team.

I folded on my macbook to check things out. It's time to do things properly :D

I folded on my macbook to check things out. It's time to do things properly :D

oh and also check the FAQs to set flags to get the lastest cores to get better performance on AMD cards.

oh and also check the FAQs to set flags to get the lastest cores to get better performance on AMD cards.

FYI - if you remove the GPU slot for your 770 and just have your 7770, you can leave it folding all the time. Should impact performance at all.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

And welcome to the team :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

FYI - if you remove the GPU slot for your 770 and just have your 7770, you can leave it folding all the time. Should impact performance at all.

And welcome to the team :)

Epic, thanks Whaler :D