Chrome is laggy

Terminashunator

This is actually a question, not just a statement. I only have three tabs open and chrome is just so sluggish and slow to respond. Are there any modifications I can do to chrome to make it respond better? I'm talking basic things liek scrolling and loading pictures are met with a pause. 

The system I am talking about is my laptop. 

Intel Atom N570 1.66 overclocked to 2.0 2 core/4 thread

2gb DDR3 1333

Intel GMA with Sherry for 3150 modified driver

Win 7 32

Screen resolution 1680x1050

It's not overheating, 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

That is an interesting laptop.. but anyway, the amound of RAM in your PC is really low, so you are probably at the point where you are swapping RAM to disk.

Increasing the amount of RAM may help, though 32bit windows is limited to ~3.5GB

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Chrome eats a lot of memory. When I say eats, I mean it's noms it up till there's no more. They best bet is to upgrade to 4 GB ram since that's the max your OS can handle.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

That is an interesting laptop.. but anyway, the amound of RAM in your PC is really low, so you are probably at the point where you are swapping RAM to disk.

Increasing the amount of RAM may help, though 32bit windows is limited to ~3.5GB

I've turned off unnecessary programs and run this computer lean. The page file is not being used as far as I can tell, and it has around 300mb of ram Free.

Hk5m14H.png

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Chrome eats a lot of memory. When I say eats, I mean it's noms it up till there's no more. They best bet is to upgrade to 4 GB ram since that's the max your OS can handle.

My laptop doesn't support 4gb SODIMMS so i can only have one stick of 2gb.

Hmm, that is pretty odd indeed, Are there any stray extensions running in chrome that could be causing problems? 

See if opening an incognito window helps any

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

have you tried turning it off and on again?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

My laptop doesn't support 4gb SODIMMS so i can only have one stick of 2gb.

I'm not too sure then. The most I can think of is not do any multi-tasking and turn off any extension you may not need to free up some ram.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Hmm, that is pretty odd indeed, Are there any stray extensions running in chrome that could be causing problems? 

See if opening an incognito window helps any

I only run the one extension that shall not be named. Also, Incognito mode seemed to make things worse. Not sure why.

have you tried turning it off and on again?

Recently. Also, I disassembled the entire chassis and cleaned it, repasted the CPU and chipset, and lightly oiled the fan.

I bet it's because this computer is weaksauce. I blame the CPU and the single channel memory.
http://ark.intel.com/products/55637

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+N570+%40+1.66GHz

Any chance that it's because of BOINC? Try turning it off temporarily to see if that fixes it, and if so, find the resource sweetspot for browser performance/BOINC performance.

Use Firefox or Opera... no I am serious. Chrome is requires a lot of processing power and memory. But when it has the power, it runs faster in many areas than the 2 mentioned.

On low end system, Firefox or Opera will be your best bet.

Any chance that it's because of BOINC? Try turning it off temporarily to see if that fixes it, and if so, find the resource sweetspot for browser performance/BOINC performance.

First thing i did was turn off Boinc :)

Use Firefox or Opera... no I am serious. Chrome is requires a lot of processing power and memory. But when it has the power, it runs faster in many areas than the 2 mentioned.

On low end system, Firefox or Opera will be your best bet.

I had a feeling. Will go back to firefox.

so just gonna ask did you happen to download the newest version? Version 29.0.1547.66 m cuz I just updated mine today and I notice a huge diff its super laggy now... :( wondering if its something in the new patch? does anyone know can you roll back a chrome update somehow?

so just gonna ask did you happen to download the newest version? Version 29.0.1547.66 m cuz I just updated mine today and I notice a huge diff its super laggy now... :( wondering if its something in the new patch? does anyone know can you roll back a chrome update somehow?

It's always a little sluggish, but yes I did update it last night.