is it possible?

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by miniahobbie,

No point in insulting lior1111, if you can offer help go for it. If you can't, move on to the next thread.

Anyways, I've had a G27 and I can tell you that you require the drivers to always be installed for the wheel to be operational. First off make sure you have uninstalled any drivers you downloaded for the wheel then go here and download the correct drivers for your system. Let them install and once it is done start up the software.

Connect your wheel to the powersocket and then connect it to any USB port on your system. Your wheel if fully functional should rotate a FULL 900 degrees turn (fully right then fully left and back to center).

Open the logitech gaming software and see if it recognizes your wheel, if it does great. You can start setting it up for your games, if not then try rebooting your system without unplugging your wheel. If it still doesn't appear go to your device manager and see if your wheel appears there, if it doesn't try connecting it to a different USB port. If it still doesn't appear then send a support ticket to logitech and hopefully they can help you to identify the problem.

is it possible to connect a usb hub directly to the power supply instead of connecting to the motherboard? cause when i open the case i cant really see clearly all the connectors and it will be a wild ride to get everything out , so i wanna know before im doing it.

another question before im gonna try that , i got a wheel , g27. when i connect it to the xbox everything works fine , when i connect it to the pc , nothing is fine , its like hes not getting enough power . he starts moving and stops. thats it. i tried everything except trying to change the usb hub from the motherboard to the power supply , cause every usb port just wont give the wheel enough power apparently although i have a fckin 650w psu.. im so frustrated i wanna kill somebody.. 

anyways.. if someone can help me ill be very thankful..

USB delivers the same amount of power weather from the motherboard or XBOX

you need to install the drivers for the wheel

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Your lack of knowledge about how these things work is disturbing. It's because the g27 is not natively compatible with PC. I think theres a logitech driver for it on PC im not sure but it has nothing to do with power supply

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

I don't know what you mean by connecting a "usb hub directly to the power supply". A USB hub is normally a device which simply adds more USB ports to your system and simply connects to one of your PC's USB ports. I don't see what it has to do with your power supply.

For your g27, in no way does your usb hub power the wheel. Your g27 should have a powerbrick that you connect directly with to a power socket on the wall. The USB cable is only to connect your wheel to your PC. The G27 also requires drivers which you can find on the logitech website.

Your lack of knowledge about how these things work is disturbing. It's because the g27 is not natively compatible with PC. I think theres a logitech driver for it on PC im not sure but it has nothing to do with power supply

The G27 is a wheel designed for PC and PS use, it is compatible with PC however does require download of drivers from the logitech website. I believe the wheel has no xbox support from logitech but can be setup on xbox but I can't be sure. Honestly though the lack of knowledge as well as the conflicts made by lior1111 is making this confusing.

I don't know what you mean by connecting a "usb hub directly to the power supply". A USB hub is normally a device which simply adds more USB ports to your system and simply connects to one of your PC's USB ports. I don't see what it has to do with your power supply.

For your g27, in no way does your usb hub power the wheel. Your g27 should have a powerbrick that you connect directly with to a power socket on the wall. The USB cable is only to connect your wheel to your PC. The G27 also requires drivers which you can find on the logitech website.

yeah the powerbrick is connected to the wall with a cable , i mean its ok when its connected to the xbox so i know its ok , but when i connect it to the pc with the usb its like hes not getting enough power cause sometimes hes moving ( when you connect it to the pc it should automatically calibrate itself and thats what i mean by moving ) a little bit and stops , sometimes it moves more but it loses power at some point , i dont think it has something to do with the drivers cause i had them installed aleardy , i uninstalled them cause i think it will help but i had them , the pc doesnt even recognize the wheel

im sorry im confusing but the situation is confusing! the wheel is just like not getting enough power i dont know how else to describe it , but thats the situation , it has nothing to do with the drivers.

is it possible to connect a usb hub directly to the power supply instead of connecting to the motherboard? cause when i open the case i cant really see clearly all the connectors and it will be a wild ride to get everything out , so i wanna know before im doing it.

another question before im gonna try that , i got a wheel , g27. when i connect it to the xbox everything works fine , when i connect it to the pc , nothing is fine , its like hes not getting enough power . he starts moving and stops. thats it. i tried everything except trying to change the usb hub from the motherboard to the power supply , cause every usb port just wont give the wheel enough power apparently although i have a fckin 650w psu.. im so frustrated i wanna kill somebody.. 

anyways.. if someone can help me ill be very thankful..

xD this made me cringe

no offense but thats why there are story's about the xbox or console kids       

i bet there was a guideline or manual to the weel that explains you need a driver to use it on your pc      there's a golden rule         Read The F***ng Manual

you should install the driver again if you uninstalled it :D   thats why the pc doesnt recognize the device

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

xD this made me cringe

no offense but thats why there are story's about the xbox or console kids       

i bet there was a guideline or manual to the weel that explains you need a driver to use it on your pc      there's a golden rule         Read The F***ng Manual

you should install the driver again if you uninstalled it :D   thats why the pc doesnt recognize the device

i know how to use the wheel , theres a weird problem.. the wheel isnt getting enough power or something cause hes not even getting recognized by the drivers.. why are you people thinking im so stupid =/

you wanted to plug the usb directly to the psu

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

No point in insulting lior1111, if you can offer help go for it. If you can't, move on to the next thread.

Anyways, I've had a G27 and I can tell you that you require the drivers to always be installed for the wheel to be operational. First off make sure you have uninstalled any drivers you downloaded for the wheel then go here and download the correct drivers for your system. Let them install and once it is done start up the software.

Connect your wheel to the powersocket and then connect it to any USB port on your system. Your wheel if fully functional should rotate a FULL 900 degrees turn (fully right then fully left and back to center).

Open the logitech gaming software and see if it recognizes your wheel, if it does great. You can start setting it up for your games, if not then try rebooting your system without unplugging your wheel. If it still doesn't appear go to your device manager and see if your wheel appears there, if it doesn't try connecting it to a different USB port. If it still doesn't appear then send a support ticket to logitech and hopefully they can help you to identify the problem.

you wanted to plug the usb directly to the psu

no i wanted to connect the usb connectors from the case directly to the psu.. but nevermind ..

no i wanted to connect the usb connectors from the case directly to the psu.. but nevermind ..

No you can't do that.. there's no way of doing it. the PSU delivers power to the Motherboard, the motherboard then via the USB connectors that go in the motherboard for the case get powered

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

omg man , i tried to this thing like one milion times , but i just plugged the wheel , and in the 10 seconds between the wheel getting plugged and turning off i installed the driver again , the file actually showed like lgs(10) 10 times of trying to redownload this thing , it worked! because i had to install the driver a second after i plugged the wheel for it to get recognized! 

thanks alot!