Why are my temps so high?

I refilled my watercooler about  a week ago, and my temps have risen quite a bit. I just got some NF-F12's and the temperatures are barley better than they were before i switched to them (still after i refilled my loop). I had nothing but windshield wiper fluid in my loop before but now its half that (for the anti-biocide) and half distilled water. So, Im wondering why my temps are so high.

Breaking things 1 day at a time

what cooler? what temps? If using a custom loop then what blocks? what all is in the loops? Rads? your not giving any info

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

And what ARE your temps?

I was getting below 60 degrees at 4.3Ghz before i filled it but after i refilled it i get 67+ degrees. I'm using a raijintek triton

wasn't this the same from this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/525696-cpu-temps-a-little-high/ ?

so you are thinking that the washer fluid isn't hampering your temperatures?

due to the detergents in the fluid, the thermal help is non-existent. the turbulence

within the system will cause the fluid to foam. foam is not a good thermal material.

remove all the washer fluid, flush the system incredibly well and refill with distilled

water, completely bleed the system and retest.

what cooler? what temps? If using a custom loop then what blocks? what all is in the loops? Rads? your not giving any info

I was getting below 60 degrees at 4.3Ghz before i filled it but after i refilled it i get 67+ degrees. I'm using a raijintek triton. All thats in there is windshield wiper fluid and distilled water.

wasn't this the same from this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/525696-cpu-temps-a-little-high/ ?

due to the detergents in the fluid, the thermal help is non-existent. the turbulence

within the system will cause the fluid to foam. foam is not a good thermal material.

remove all the washer fluid, flush the system incredibly well and refill with distilled

But what do i do for an biocide?

for now, it is not an issue, that can be introduced later, you have an issue, fix

that issue now and add the biocide later.

for now, it is not an issue, that can be introduced later, you have an issue, fix

ok. If antifreeze is good for a biocide i could use that, but wouldnt that do the same thing to my temperatures?

antifreeze had no biocide properties. antifreeze has a anti-corrosive to prevent

mixed metal galvanic corrosion.

antifreeze had no biocide properties. antifreeze has a anti-corrosive to prevent

mixed metal galvanic corrosion.

I guess thats what i want then but wouldnt it do the same thing to my temperatures?

I guess thats what i want then but wouldnt it do the same thing to my temperatures?

Looks like you'll need Chemistry lesson 101:

anti-freeze is not a biocide, it will help raise the boiling point of water but its also contains glycol which has high viscosity (resistance to flow).. so using anti-freeze will reduce the flow rate through the system and reduces the thermal conductivity. The result drop in cooling performance.

Get rid of all that in your loop..

There was like a 2 degree difference. It was a good difference but not much of a difference

I was getting below 60 degrees at 4.3Ghz before i filled it but after i refilled it i get 67+ degrees. I'm using a raijintek triton. All thats in there is windshield wiper fluid and distilled water.

What fluid was in it before? The stock fluid?

I'd imagine the washer fluid is causing the higher temps.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I changed it out to like 95% distilled water and 5% anti-freeze to prevent corosion. Before there was stock fluid and my temps were fine

Looks like you'll need Chemistry lesson 101:

anti-freeze is not a biocide, it will help raise the boiling point of water but its also contains glycol which has high viscosity (resistance to flow).. so using anti-freeze will reduce the flow rate through the system and reduces the thermal conductivity. The result drop in cooling performance.

Get rid of all that in your loop..

And what ARE your temps?

Ok after extensive testing i have come back with some results. Please not i refilled as much of my cooler as i could with the stock fluid, and the rest with distilled water. I am using NF-F12's on my radiator. The room temperature next to it when i started was about 73 degrees (Fahrenheit) With the front, top, and side panels off of my H440 with no dust filter i ran Intel Burn Test on very high for 10 runs, and my CPU maxed out at 49.4 degrees. I am now going to put just the side pannel on and see if it makes a difference.