IO Shield and Mobo Problem

So I'm using the Fractal Design Core 1000 and 78LMT-USB3 Gigabyte motherboard for my budget pc build. I have had difficulties with the IO shield and motherboard. If I put the IO shield in then I cannot fit the motherboard in because there is a small tab where the IO shield overlaps inside the case and the VGA and DVI ports on the mobo cannot fit past it. So i'm currently not using one.

1. Is there any way I can fit the IO shield in as well as the motherboard?

2. What are the problems that could occur if I'm not using an IO shield?

Thanks,

Ethan

umm..... i was told by some "expert" (probably) that i/o shield actually grounds the mobo, so if thats true you might get fucked. 

when i was building a pc for my cousin he had a old case, i hitted the i/o shield in with a goddamn rubber hammer and then i had the exact same problem as you. i just pushed and pushed and used force, and then the mobo was on right place i screwed the screws in and that was it. right job but it went well.(his computer is working fine, i didnt break anything its all good)

So I'm using the Fractal Design Core 1000 and 78LMT-USB3 Gigabyte motherboard for my budget pc build. I have had difficulties with the IO shield and motherboard. If I put the IO shield in then I cannot fit the motherboard in because there is a small tab where the IO shield overlaps inside the case and the VGA and DVI ports on the mobo cannot fit past it. So i'm currently not using one.

1. Is there any way I can fit the IO shield in as well as the motherboard?

2. What are the problems that could occur if I'm not using an IO shield?

Thanks,

Ethan

I had the same motherboard and the IO shield worked fine.  You need to push it completely in, then place your motherboard in the case so it's to the side of the IO shield.  Line everything up and push.  Also, are you sure you have the IO shield in the right orientation?

I have, and never will have, any idea of what I'm doing.

It should work follow what eyeball07 said. If you choose not to use it there will be no issues just you won't have it labeled for you back there also some more dust will get in.