What is the best quadcopter for around $50USD?

ImplodingPixel

What is the best quadcopter for around $50USD?

And I don't want the really tiny quadcopters.

You could build yourself one but you'll end up spending more than $50 probably close to $110. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I have this one. http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_139651.html

I have done a few things to and with it. Ask me anything about it!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Syma anything is good

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

How far is the range, does the camera live feed and how long does it fly between recharges?

The range is reeeeeeeally good. It will go close to 300 feet straight up (measured with a phone app strapped to it lol) and a little more than that in the horizontal direction, unmodified. I cut and soldiered this mini SMA cable to the stock antenna wires and then gorilla  glued it in place where I then attached this 5dBi antenna to it. This mod has let me fly this quadcopter literally almost out of sight and back!

As per the version of the quadcopter I linked you, there is no camera included. If you were to get the version with the camera, it only records to a micro sd card, and in very crappy quality. IMO not worth it. I record flight with a gopro in a mount glued on the battery door.

It does not have native support for fpv or a live camera feed. I purchased this fpv kit for it. It attaches to the bottom of the battery door, although you start to see choppiness in the stream when approaching the quadcopter's max range, a good thing I guess?

Flight time is average I guess. If you just casually fly around, high or low, I get around 11-12 minutes of flight time. If you race around it's more like 9 minutes. I cannot speak for how fast the included charger charges the included battery because I use my own that charges it in ~30 minutes, but I did buy 2 more batteries for it and they last just as long as the included one.

I don't see myself upgrading to a better quadcopter anytime soon!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

You could build yourself one but you'll end up spending more than $50 probably close to $110.

I think I will do that

I think I will do that

Places to look are hobby king and banggood for parts

What you neeed:

4 motors higher kv = better generally kv is the speed at which the motor will spin given a certain voltage say your motor is 2300kv it will rotate at 2300rpm if you've put 1 volt through it ten volts it would be 23,000V

Battery (depends on the motors you choose)

Charger (I have the accucel 6)

Transmitter I have turnigy i6

Esc (electronic speed xontroller) with a bec (battery eliminator circuit, it just makes it so much easier to power your flight controller. Make sure you get ones with Simon K firmware)

Frame ( I have a diatone 250 frame)

Soldering iron

Power distribution board

Loctite glue the semi permanent stuff this is to ensure parts don't come loose when flying due to the vibrations that the motors inevitably causes.

Flight controller ( I use the cc3d board personally and it's great the open pilot gcs(ground control software) works great however try to avoid using the cc3d atom as @ said he's had issues with it.

Some 14 gauge silicone wire, this is to wire the power distribution board to the ESCs

There are many different ways that you can do the wiring either using 2.5mm or 3.5mm bullet connectors ( I prefer this method as it makes replacing parts sooooo much easier and if you want to repurpose the motors or escs down the line it's quite simple). Heat shrink them after you're done, I just used the side of my soldering iron as I didn't have a heat gun

I feel like if you build a quad yourself you're more aware of what can go wrong and you'll fly it more safely, once you've got the hang of flying it it's pretty easy to start doing flips, I started doing flips on about my 5th flight, it seems really daunting at first but once you've done it once it's quite easy to do it again the software pretty much does it all for you xD)

If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask, if you really want to get into it Skype me once you've got the parts and I'll give you a few tips for building g it.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Places to look are hobby king and banggood for parts

What you neeed:

4 motors higher kv = better generally kv is the speed at which the motor will spin given a certain voltage say your motor is 2300kv it will rotate at 2300rpm if you've put 1 volt through it ten volts it would be 23,000V

Battery (depends on the motors you choose)

Charger (I have the accucel 6)

Transmitter I have turnigy i6

Esc (electronic speed xontroller) with a bec (battery eliminator circuit, it just makes it so much easier to power your flight controller. Make sure you get ones with Simon K firmware)

Frame ( I have a diatone 250 frame)

Soldering iron

Power distribution board

Loctite glue the semi permanent stuff this is to ensure parts don't come loose when flying due to the vibrations that the motors inevitably causes.

Flight controller ( I use the cc3d board personally and it's great the open pilot gcs(ground control software) works great however try to avoid using the cc3d atom as @ said he's had issues with it.

Some 14 gauge silicone wire, this is to wire the power distribution board to the ESCs

There are many different ways that you can do the wiring either using 2.5mm or 3.5mm bullet connectors ( I prefer this method as it makes replacing parts sooooo much easier and if you want to repurpose the motors or escs down the line it's quite simple). Heat shrink them after you're done, I just used the side of my soldering iron as I didn't have a heat gun

I feel like if you build a quad yourself you're more aware of what can go wrong and you'll fly it more safely, once you've got the hang of flying it it's pretty easy to start doing flips, I started doing flips on about my 5th flight, it seems really daunting at first but once you've done it once it's quite easy to do it again the software pretty much does it all for you xD)

If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask, if you really want to get into it Skype me once you've got the parts and I'll give you a few tips for building g it.

This is what I have found so far https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1ELL6AUCIGHXG/ref=cm_sw_r_at_wl_o_UJBMwbPFFBECP