K70 RGB Keycap Recommendation

Hey guys,

I've had my K70 RGB (Brown) for a while and I was interested in investing in some new key caps. I am most likely looking for translucent to have the beautiful back light shine through even better. Let me know if any of you find a good set, 104 Key ANSI with a space bar of 6.5. Also, I'm gonna be putting dampeners on as well so recommend some of those as well! Thanks guys!

The only one with a smooth .gif avatar, 

GamerCentral

System Specs

Windows 10 Home x64 AMD A10-7850k APU ASUS Strix R7 370 Overclock Edition 2GB | Corsair CX500M ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ G.Skill Ares 2x4GB

Accessories

Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Kraken PRO

I've had my K70 RGB (Brown) for a while and I was interested in investing in some new key caps. I am most likely looking for translucent to have the beautiful back light shine through even better. Let me know if any of you find a good set, 104 Key ANSI with a space bar of 6.5.

Also, I'm gonna be putting dampeners on as well so recommend some of those as well! Thanks guys!

I've heard good things about the vortex keycap sets. The double shot keys would shine nicely. Here is an example in black. https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1329

The biggest problem you will have is the fact that the k70 has a non-standard bottom row. This makes getting caps for the board a bit more difficult due to the strange sizes of those keys. I decided to not buy the K70 exactly for that reason...but that bridge is already crossed so perhaps someone else might be able to help you with the bottom row issue. 

As for dampeners....you can get the foam squares but they might block some of the light. For the easiest and most likely cheapest solution go to a local dentist and ask for dental bands (they are used for people with dental braces). You can get them in clear and should work fine.

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.