coil whine

steveo1234

Guys my graphics card is making a noise at least I think its the card it's making a scratching/scoreing sound you can really hear it whilst playing games-gta v. Did take a look online and it said it was coil whine can anyone help please

I have the same issue with my GTX 970 but its all the time weather im in a game or not. I had to put my PC under my desk just so i couldnt hear it anymore.

Guys my graphics card is making a noise at least I think its the card it's making a scratching/scoreing sound you can really hear it whilst playing games-gta v. Did take a look online and it said it was coil whine can anyone help please

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about coil whine, if your running very high FPS though try enabling V-Sync or a FPS cap which can help prevent that from occurring.

Run Folding@home for a couple days. Fixed every GPU I have had issues with.

Folding @

home?

I have the same issue with my GTX 970 but its all the time weather im in a game or not. I had to put my PC under my desk just so i couldnt hear it anymore.

Nice solution, it explains your forum name  :lol:

Apparently F@H for a day helps to get rid of it if it's actually coil whine.

and this is if the coil whine is from the GPU and not the MOBO or PSU but seeing iSuckAtEverything is using a 970, it is surely the GPU.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

If it's coil whine, then you can try folding for a while, as other people have said. Coil whine isn't a defect but it can be annoying. Working the VRMs seems to mitigate the problem.