R9 390x

32GB RAM

Asus ROG Rampage IV Gene

1TB WD Black

256GB 830 series SSD

EVGA 750W Supernova with (in progress) custom sleeved cables

Everything is watercooled with a custom loop, 240 and 360mm rads

Fractal Design Arc Mini case

What could I REASONABLY sell the rig for on craigslist? This is what crap is listed for in my area: https://reno.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=rel&query=gaming%20pc

With the price of my rig sold (just the tower) what could I get in terms of a new rig? I would like:

Watercooled CPU and GPU

r9 nano or better (as the price has dropped to 500 freaking USD, 50 more than I bought my 390x for)

16GB RAM

i5 or better

256GB SSD and 1TB HDD OR 512GB SSD

mATX or smaller. I want the build as compact as possible, and an ITX build would be sweet

Keep in mind that I do not really need my i7, an i5 would do fine, its just driving three 144hz 1080p panels that gets me... Would the r9 nano even provide any advantages?

I wouldn't.  You'd take a hit on what everything is "worth" (to you) selling because it's used parts.  Plus, you're willing to downgrade to an i5 and 16 GB of RAM?  Why not just upgrade the GPU and sell the 390x.  Or for that matter, just leave it all - seems like a great system :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

just because other people are selling at high price points doesnt mean people are buying and your system is fine no need to upgrade.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

I wouldn't.  You'd take a hit on what everything is "worth" (to you) selling because it's used parts.  Plus, you're willing to downgrade to an i5 and 16 GB of RAM?  Why not just upgrade the GPU and sell the 390x.  Or for that matter, just leave it all - seems like a great system :)

Thats what I thought too... But it is so damn energy hogging

Thats what I thought too... But it is so damn energy hogging

then get a 6600 and a 980ti and call it a day :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

But I have been an AMD fanboy my whole life...

could be why your power consumption is so high

oooohhhh!

:P

Eh... My brother has a 290x and my system still takes more power

look at it this way: if you did sell/trade, how long would is take to make back that expense (since I assume you would take a net loss) in saved power consumption?  My bet is longer than the system would be relevant for 

look at it this way: if you did sell/trade, how long would is take to make back that expense (since I assume you would take a net loss) in saved power consumption?  My bet is longer than the system would be relevant for 

I do not even pay for power, but my room needs air conditioning in the freaking WINTER with summer clothes. So... Why the hell did I just consider one of these

I do not even pay for power, but my room needs air conditioning in the freaking WINTER with summer clothes. So... Why the hell did I just consider one of these

Then it would be much more cost effective, if a bit more expensive, to just get an AC unit :)

Then it would be much more cost effective, if a bit more expensive, to just get an AC unit :)

can an AC unit play Chrisis 3 while heating a small room? 

I used to be quite active here.

can an AC unit play Chrisis 3 while heating a small room? 

no, that's the point.  He can do that with his PC and the AC will make it comfortable to do so :)

Keep it. It's a nice system. I'd rather have a scrapped-together build than the new one I have. Feels more "your own".

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

no, that's the point.  He can do that with his PC and the AC will make it comfortable to do so :)

it was a joke- but +1

I used to be quite active here.