System and Compressed Memory High CPU Usage

RubyRoks

My main PC (specs in signature) will randomly be hit with 25% CPU usage throughout daily use (youtube and gaming). My laptop, which has an i5 5200U, intel HD 5500, a 5400 RPM hard drive, and 8 GB of RAM doesn't have this issue. Any ideas?

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Post task manager pictures/screenshots please.

They really help

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I sit around 25% most of the time, so i'd say that's pretty normal. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

They really help

Can do. Gimme a sec

I sit around 25% most of the time, so i'd say that's pretty normal. 

I idle at around 12%. and the 25% use to itself means my games and my youtube videos that i watch are stuttery, unenjoyable messes. This is made worse knowing that only a few months ago this wasn't an issue

They really help

post-54444-0-23976100-1452647684_thumb.p

Is all of your 8 GB still registering?

Sounds like it's time to do a fresh install if it is...

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Is all of your 8 GB still registering?

Sounds like it's time to do a fresh install if it is...

it is

How am I going to go about doing that. I don't have a windows 10 ISO, nor do i remember my product key

it is

How am I going to go about doing that. I don't have a windows 10 ISO, nor do i remember my product key

Settings> Updates and Security>Recovery>Reset this pc>Get Started (clean install).

If you do it from inside windows, you won't need the key or iso. It may take a few hours though

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Settings> Updates and Security>Recovery>Reset this pc>Get Started (clean install).

If you do it from inside windows, you won't need the key or iso. It may take a few hours though

is there a way i can keep my steam library? That's about 300 GB of games i have nowhere to store and little time to download.

is there a way i can keep my steam library? That's about 300 GB of games i have nowhere to store and little time to download.

uhhh... I'm not sure... there is a method on there that keeps your files, but I don't generally recommend it and I'm not sure it will keep them anyways...

You don't have a external hdd or a spare drive sitting around?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

uhhh... I'm not sure... there is a method on there that keeps your files, but I don't generally recommend it and I'm not sure it will keep them anyways...

You don't have a external hdd or a spare drive sitting around?

I have tons of small spare drives, but i don't know if they work and i don't have enough SATA power cables to run to even one more drive. My 500GB External broke because it sat at the bottom of a crate with stuff being put atop it with little care for the drive (because i'm "smart" like that)...Oh well. I'll see what i can do. Thanks for the help :)