Logitech G502 spectrum price

hodge22
Go to solution Solved by TW1ST3R,

Where are you looking for your prices? The Logitech Gaming website lists the RRP of the Core as $99.95 and the Spectrum as $129.95.

Keep in mind that all the major online retailers here buy the Core in bulk since it's incredibly popular and can sell it at $65.  I expect the same to be true of the Spectrum once there is enough supply to fill orders that can meet a similar demand/supply ratio.  I do suspect that we'll still get hit with a price premium despite the US RRP being the same - likely because A - less supply as it's a new product and higher demand as a result, B - RGB 'premium', or C - straya tax.

GlassBomb has it right though, the MRSP/RRP can be the same but for the price delivered to consumers there will be a difference based on the retailer's profit margin and the other factors I outlined.

Edit: It's also possible that the RRP of the Core has dropped since release so, maybe they meant the RRP of the Spectrum is the same as the original RRP of the Core.  Entirely possible but I'm too lazy to investigate further.

Hey everyone,

I noticed in Linus' ces video on the G502 spectrum that he stated the mouse would be getting released at the same price as the original.

Here in Australia however it's twice the price of the original (core: $65 vs spectrum: $129.95).

I was just wondering how the pricing worked out for others around the world and what the reason for this would be...

Cheers,

Hodge

It should be the same prices as original core, you might want to wait for a few weeks for the price to drop. 

Magical Pineapples

When they say that the price is the same, all they mean is "The MSRP is the same"

Where are you looking for your prices? The Logitech Gaming website lists the RRP of the Core as $99.95 and the Spectrum as $129.95.

Keep in mind that all the major online retailers here buy the Core in bulk since it's incredibly popular and can sell it at $65.  I expect the same to be true of the Spectrum once there is enough supply to fill orders that can meet a similar demand/supply ratio.  I do suspect that we'll still get hit with a price premium despite the US RRP being the same - likely because A - less supply as it's a new product and higher demand as a result, B - RGB 'premium', or C - straya tax.

GlassBomb has it right though, the MRSP/RRP can be the same but for the price delivered to consumers there will be a difference based on the retailer's profit margin and the other factors I outlined.

Edit: It's also possible that the RRP of the Core has dropped since release so, maybe they meant the RRP of the Spectrum is the same as the original RRP of the Core.  Entirely possible but I'm too lazy to investigate further.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

I got my price off pc case gear for the core and the Logitech website for the spectrum.

But thanks heaps for the response, I might wait a few weeks then before purchasing the mouse to see if the price drops :)

Yeah I'm also waiting for this, I've been using my brother's Core to get used to it while he's been overseas ever since I heard that this was coming.  As long as it's $80 or less I'm down for it.  I'd still consider it as long as it's cheaper than an MX Master.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Yeah I'm also waiting for this, I've been using my brother's Core to get used to it while he's been overseas ever since I heard that this was coming. As long as it's $80 or less I'm down for it. I'd still consider it as long as it's cheaper than an MX Master.

Yeah I've been using a razer naga hex for the past 2-3 years and have always wanted a core but didn't like the blue as my setup is green. As long as the spectrum is below $85 its an instance buy for me