What happens if you connect 2 computers via a ucb c cable?

Arty

To Windows laptops

Via usb C to C cable?

Will windows work or fart it self?

it would still work completely fine...

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

nothing happens

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

To Windows laptops

Via usb C to C cable?

Will windows work or fart it self?

As far as I am aware they will basically treat each other as USB hard drives or network creations. Not sure of the exact way they look at each other. Actually, I think they recognize they are hooked up to each other as in my network locations my Server Gaming computer recognizes itself.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Will they charge each other? Or is it like the ethernet deal where you can cross 2 wires for a network connection. Or maybe there'll be a target disk mode like firewire later down the line. The possibilities are endless.

Will they charge each other? Or is it like the ethernet deal where you can cross 2 wires for a network connection. Or maybe there'll be a target disk mode like firewire later down the line. The possibilities are endless.

with ethernet you don't need to cross the wires

it works with any cable  (starting in like before 2010 ish )

i wonder with USB C if it will be able to recognize automatically and adjust the settings accordingly. 

i wonder with USB C if it will be able to recognize automatically and adjust the settings accordingly. 

Auto-MDIX is what allows two computers to be connected via a regular ethernet cable instead of requiring a crossover ethernet cable. Fairly sure it was around before 2010ish, though I can't find really anything on when it was released/started being implemented.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I thought you had to do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

So in order for that to happen they must have made the Tx and Rx pins generic... seems like I'm a little behind.

USB is host to device, not peer to peer. I don't think you can view any file systems or anything

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD