Low profile cpu cooler on msi Z97 gaming 5

Cruzz999

So, I'm in the process of building a new system. I'm considering an aftermarket cpu air cooler, but I'm apparently some kind of oddball, since I don't like the looks of a huge tower in the middle of my case, or an ugly fan just sitting there. Thus, I've been looking at some low profile cpu coolers that leaves the top side of the heatsink clean, showing off the shiny shiny fins, keeping the fan on the bottom. The ones I've been looking at the most are noctuas NH-L12 and NH-C14, or possibly something like scythe kozuti low profile cpu cooler.

Does anyone know anything about the performance of those coolers, and more importantly, if any of them will fit with my corsair vengeance pro series memories?

Thanks in advance!

They are a bit better than a stock cooler but tower heatsinks perform alot better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What about a Dark Rock pro from be quiet!?

Otherwise look into noctua, around $40 they've got a low profile one.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

So basically, if they fit, I'd not really get any overclocking space, but I shouldn't have any heat issues at stock speeds?

Also, the Dark rock pro falls under my definition as "Big tower in the middle of the case" :P

What about a Dark Rock pro from be quiet!?

Otherwise look into noctua, around $40 they've got a low profile one.

Like I said, that one looked huge, but the Dark Rock TF looks like it might very well work..! Thanks for pointing me in their general direction!

Like I said, that one looked huge, but the Dark Rock TF looks like it might very well work..! Thanks for pointing me in their general direction!

Yeah BeQuiet! is quite a good company

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)