2.5GB (1.5GB usable) win 10 64bit

Continuing my ram issues. So before i found 2 more ram sticks in my drawer i had 1GB x 2 DDR2 667MHz sticks in my Gigabyte p31-ga-ds3l motherboard. So i found 2 x 256MB DDR2 533MHz and added them to other dual-channel, so when i boot into windows it says that only 1.5GB is usable out of 2.5GB and at this point i am lost.

NOTE 1: 1GB ones are from same manufacturer(i see on ram stick pqi), and 256Mb are from other same manufacturer(ae)

NOTE 2: when the configuration is like this: slot 1 - 1gb slot 2-256Mb slot 3-1gb slot 4 - 256Mb pc keeps stuck on motherboard title.

And when slot 1 - 1gb slot 2-1Gb slot 3-256Mb slot 4 - 256Mb then windows sees only 1.5 out of 2.5.

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

Do you have a dedicated graphics card?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Do you have a dedicated graphics card?

Yes, Radeon HD 4850 1Gb, and just for the sake of specs i have intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4GHz

BTW, when i have 2x 1GB windows with pleasure  sees 2gb

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

I'd have to hazard a guess that there's something wrong with the 2x256MB sticks considering that when you mix them up the motherboard fails to POST, but (I might be wrong) it wouldn't be recommended to mix RAM at different speeds since the fastest RAM will be underclocked to match the speed of the remaining RAM you're using and regardless of that it is affecting the ability to use all of the available RAM in the computer.

I would suggest that you take out the 2x256MB sticks and don't use them again in that computer, and if you want to add more RAM, you should get some that has the same frequency that you already have installed.

I'd have to hazard a guess that there's something wrong with the 2x256MB sticks considering that when you mix them up the motherboard fails to POST, but (I might be wrong) it wouldn't be recommended to mix RAM at different speeds since the fastest RAM will be underclocked to match the speed of the remaining RAM you're using and regardless of that it is affecting the ability to use all of the available RAM in the computer.

I would suggest that you take out the 2x256MB sticks and don't use them again in that computer, and if you want to add more RAM, you should get some that has the same frequency that you already have installed.

It turns out that the motherboard only supports single-sided ram when populating all 4 DIMM slots . And my 1gb ones were double-sided. I borrower 4x 512mb and all worked fine.