6600k at 1.52V? Asus AI Suite

Asus AI Suite OC'd my 6600k to 4.7 @ 1.275V.  I went into the BIOS to confirm the settings were applied, and I switched the CPU voltage to "adaptive" instead of "offset."

For some reason, my CPU voltage appears to go as high as 1.520V, which I do not want.  What is going on?  Did I mess something up in the BIOS?  

My temps are below 70 degrees C but the voltage is very concerning.

Edit: Actually I think I was looking at Core VID.  CPU Vcore is lower.

Are you stress testing during this reading?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Are you stress testing during this reading?

No, thats the weird thing, it achieved that voltage just from booting up.  I think i'm going to just load optimized defaults and start fresh.

No, thats the weird thing, it achieved that voltage just from booting up.  I think i'm going to just load optimized defaults and start fresh.

Which LLC Level do you have? 

Well, that's how adaptive works, it ads as much voltage as it want. Better stick with offset, which pretty much does the same as adaptive without the insane voltage when in load.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

Deinstall this buggy suite, and OC by yourself in UEFI.

And use HWMonitor, or HWInfo64 for checking stats.

Well, that's how adaptive works, it ads as much voltage as it want. Better stick with offset, which pretty much does the same as adaptive without the insane voltage when in load.

You got it slightly wrong.

Offset adds, OR substracts the inputted voltage from the stock-voltage set by the Motherboard. Everytime. This can cause some problems, for example, if the Board sets 1.3  Volt, and the CPU (without stock Speed) would be stable at 1.1 Volt, you put in "Minus" 0.2 Volt.

If this gets substracted in Idle, you can have one Problem:

Under Load its perfectly stable. But Idle has not enough.

Or otherwise around, you OC hardcore, and have to ADD voltage to be stable, then you also add voltage to idle.

here is where Adaptive shines.

Adaptive is EXACTLY like Offset, but it only does that under Load.

For example, you put in Adaptive, "minus", 1.3 Volt, and as the offset 0.1 Volt = Your Load voltage will be 1.2 Volt. (while Idle gets - 0.1, if i am not mistaken.. doesnt work for me tho, or my Programm just is buggy reading the idle voltage).

Or slightly Easier: Just put the voltage in, you want to run. Thats it. That way, its like a Manual mode for ONLY Load, while idle still has lower voltage.

So, Adaptive is a better Offset.