half-life 3 not happening ever

warzkaz

http://www.techspot.com/news/63416-half-life-writer-marc-laidlaw-retires-valve-after.html#commentsOffset

so disappointing,  valve have became so capitalistic and now they only care about steam which is bringing the big bucks 

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

He could've already written the script.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

http://www.techspot.com/news/63416-half-life-writer-marc-laidlaw-retires-valve-after.html#commentsOffset

so disappointing,  valve have became so capitalistic and now they only care about steam which is bringing the big bucks 

Heh, as if writing was the best thing about HL2.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I hope it never happens. Then I'll have to listen to all the Half Life people complain about how the game was shit and Valve only pushed it out as a money grab.

The Half Life games were never anything special to begin with if you ask me.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I hope it never happens. Then I'll have to listen to all the Half Life people complain about how the game was shit and Valve only pushed it out as a money grab.

The Half Life games were never anything special to begin with if you ask me.

i guess no one cares that half-life will never have a proper closure to its story...

fan fiction/headcanon it is then! 

i guess no one cares that half-life will never have a proper closure to its story...

fan fiction/headcanon it is then! 

A story in a fictional world isn't as important as protecting the integrity of your company and not putting out a product that 1. will never meet expectations 2. provide less money than something already proven to work that's currently being worked on.

There's no reason, especially at this point in time, for Valve to make a product that may or may not satisfy customers in order to meet company goals.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

A story in a fictional world isn't as important as protecting the integrity of your company and not putting out a product that 1. will never meet expectations 2. provide less money than something already proven to work that's currently being worked on.

There's no reason, especially at this point in time, for Valve to make a product that may or may not satisfy customers in order to meet company goals.

i can't be satisfied by the fact that the story will never have closure. but judging from valve's place now, it really is pointless if HL3 is announced. probably the only thing going for the next iteration is memes.. the only real question is the next cycle of the source engine 

Half Life sucks anyway

*eats popcorn

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He could've already written the script.

This.

The script to HL3 has been completed for a number of years.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

Marc Laidlaw leaving is not a reason for HL3 to not happen. People move around all the time.

A writer leaving a software company does not make or break such projects.

If they want to make HL3 they will, if they don't want they still won't.

Valve has all the talent, skills and technology they need plus the ability to pay well enough to hire the best.

But unfortunately thanks to Steam (unlike other game developers) Valve has no financial pressure to release games anymore. They are rolling in money. It's been 2.5 years since they released their last game (dota2) and they still haven't announced their next project. So there is a question mark on their ability to coordinate a large team and deliver new games to their customers.

They do a lot of good work behind the scenes in terms of maintaining their exiting games with content updates, engine tech, dev tools for the industry, R&D, Steam, VR etc.. Nobody can deny that. But as a major game developer there is a question mark. They did say they will release something with the HTC Vive; but the danger is it will be just a mini-game and not a full fledged release.

It has negatively affected the perception of them in the market as well. Previously they were seen as a beloved game developer. Now they are seen (mostly) as the company which runs steam.