960 or 970?

Daniel0898

Nah not true, been playing GTA V on 1440p with a 970, went past the "3.5GB Vram wall" and it was totally fine and playable, no stutters at all. But some people like to spout that nonsense, because the internet likes to do so, they do it, without ever expirience the issue, or in this case non-issue themselves.

There we go ! ! I don't have a 1440P screen so can't take it that far :) 

thanks man :)

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

960 should give you 60+ fps with some settings disabled in some games.

If you want more future proof then buy 970 if you think you could upgrade after a awhile 960 is good choice.

And ignore those amd fan boys.

stfu u are an nvidia fanboy both aree good but the 380x is hands down much better then the 960! 

stfu u are an nvidia fanboy both aree good but the 380x is hands down much better then the 960!

How about rather than seeing who can be the biggest fan, you offer evidence?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

How about rather than seeing who can be the biggest fan, you offer evidence?

Ok well look at benchmarks then you will see!

if you can fork out for a 970, get a 390 or maybe even a 390x used.

Everyone shut the hell up. You're all acting liking 2 year olds. OP can get 970 if he wants, his call not ours. Your entitled to your opinions, just stop bitching about everything and take it to the pm's. Thread's been answered, stop bothering.

but anyway in my opinion you should get a 380x and keep youre money and upgrade to somthing bigger later wheen the r9 380x cant max out the new games at 60 fps anymore because the 380x will run allot maxed out at 60 fps and maybe later you could something like a 980 ti!