Windows hangs at start up

adamym

Hey everyone, 

I recently had a gtx 780 in my computer and had to donate that card to a Prodigy build that I just did. My computer starts perfectly fine when using the onboard video, but when I put my older 7950 back into the computer, it hangs after the windows logo disappears.

I have an Asus P8z77 Pro board. During bootup with the screen showing the status of the hard drives, showing if they are in raid or not, and showing which is the boot drive, it says that my ssd status is "Initialize". What does this mean? Does it affect my current problem?

Thanks Everyone. 

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Samsung 840 pro 256gb * Corsiar AX860i

When you removed your old card, did you uninstall the Nvidia driver suite?

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Maybe because of the driver(s). download and install the AMD driver on safe mode (with internet access), then try to start your computer normally.

If that does not work, delete any software left by the Nvidia GPU and delete it.

Tried uninstalling the suite, that didn't work. Working on installing the amd catalyst software

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Okay, so I think it has nothing to do with software. I have a corsair ax860i power supply and it sounds like the power supply switches something really fast, kind of like on, off, and back on really quick. I think that's the hiccup that I can't get past. My gtx 780 works perfectly fine with it though...hmm...guess I'll just have to wait until wednesday when my evga gtx 780 ftw comes in.