Which Should I choose?

GoldDimTzam69

So I just won an 'InWin S-Frame case' an it is curently been shipped to me. What should I do? Should I keep it and put my basic build in it or should I sell it and upgrade my pc so it can play more games? 

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel G3258 @3.20Ghz

GPU:Asus 960 Strix edition 2GB

RAM: Samsung 6GB DDR3

I would like to upgrade my cpu and ram but cpu definatelly needs an upgrade because it is only a 2 core and I need a 4 core at least for editing as well. 

I will have around $700 USD or $980 AUD (I am in Australia)

I will need a new cpu LGA1150 that has more than 4 cores. 

I will also need RAM preferably 16GB but it depends on the CPU choice.

What do you guys suggest? Keep the case or sell it because there are only 500 of them in the world and its pretty expensive to buy one. 

Holy crap, how did you win that!

It was a competition through my local pc part shop and if you bought something over $149USD you had the choice to enter the giveaway. 

that case kinda needs hard-line water cooling to look good, I would do what @JoshPC said and sell it (now if you wish) to by a cheaper case and a better GPU and/or CPU.

Edit: really sorry, skim read your post and missed the point.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

So I just won an 'InWin S-Frame case' an it is curently been shipped to me. What should I do? Should I keep it and put my basic build in it or should I sell it and upgrade my pc so it can play more games? 

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel G3258 @3.20Ghz

GPU:Asus 960 Strix edition 2GB

RAM: Samsung 6GB DDR3

I would like to upgrade my cpu and ram but cpu definatelly needs an upgrade because it is only a 2 core and I need a 4 core at least for editing as well. 

I will have around $700 USD or $980 AUD (I am in Australia)

I will need a new cpu LGA1150 that has more than 4 cores. 

I will also need RAM preferably 16GB but it depends on the CPU choice.

What do you guys suggest? Keep the case or sell it because there are only 500 of them in the world and its pretty expensive to buy one. 

No LGA1150 cpus have more than 4 cores

Also sell it, a G3258 and a 960 seems like a bad match

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

that case kinda needs hard-line water cooling to look good, I would do what @JoshPC said and sell it (now if you wish) to by a cheaper case and a better GPU and/or CPU.

The case I have now is good and I like it but the hardware inside isnt good enough for some games. GPU is a beast but the cpu is not as good. Ram is also a problem but it is good for now. 

No LGA1150 cpus have more than 4 cores

Also sell it, a G3258 and a 960 seems like a bad match

A 4 core cpu is good enough for me, I dont need any more than that. I was thinking of getting an i7 4790 becasue it is on sale for 30% off at my local pc parts shop. Is it a good choice? 

A 4 core cpu is good enough for me, I dont need any more than that. I was thinking of getting an i7 4790 becasue it is on sale for 30% off at my local pc parts shop. Is it a good choice? 

A 4790k is better. Normally it costs a little more than the locked 4790 but you can squeeze quite a bit more performance out of it by overclocking (that is if u want to overclock it dont worry it's easy)

EDIT: You also need a better cooler than the stock one for overclocking so keep that in mind

A 4790k is better. Normally it costs a little more than the locked 4790 but you can squeeze quite a bit more performance out of it by overclocking (that is if u want to overclock it dont worry it's easy)

EDIT: You also need a better cooler than the stock one for overclocking so keep that in mind

and a new z97 motherboard also.lots of money for marginal performance gain

so OP the non-K i7 4790 is a beast as it is.buy it

I was thinking of getting a 4790k but the motherboard I have is locked and cant be unlocked unless I void the warranty (which I dont want to do) so there is no point paying more for something that I am never going to use.

and a new z97 motherboard also.lots of money for marginal performance gain

so OP the non-K i7 4790 is a beast as it is.buy it

I dont think I need a new motherboard because the one I have now (Asus B85 Pro Gamer) is really good. If I need the upgrade I will do it. 

Also if I upgrade from the b85 pro gamer to the z97 what are the advantages, do you know?

I was thinking of getting a 4790k but the motherboard I have is locked and cant be unlocked unless I void the warranty (which I dont want to do) so there is no point paying more for something that I am never going to use.

Since when is the B85 PRO GAMER locked??? All aftermarket motherboards should support overclocking, even those in prebuilts, sometimes.

Also z97 motherboard have more usb 3.0, more sata ports, native raid support, and support broadwell desktop cpus (no one uses broadwell on desktop they suck and dont make sense don''t consider this a buying point

I dont think I need a new motherboard because the one I have now (Asus B85 Pro Gamer) is really good. If I need the upgrade I will do it. 

Also if I upgrade from the b85 pro gamer to the z97 what are the advantages, do you know?

raid support and K cpu overclock. thats why i said that the non-k i7 4790 is good for you. no need to spend more money on a K cpu+z97 board

Since when is the B85 PRO GAMER locked??? All aftermarket motherboards should support overclocking, even those in prebuilts, sometimes.

Also z97 motherboard have more usb 3.0, more sata ports, native raid support, and support broadwell desktop cpus (no one uses broadwell on desktop they suck and dont make sense don''t consider this a buying point

I tried overclocking my G3258 but it didnt work. I tried many times but no change to the CPU at all so I am sure it is locked. I also tested it with another cpu and the same thing happened. There was no change to the CPU.