CPU Cooler for Node 304

I recently completed my first build for over 10 years.  Shown in the sig.  The only mistake I made was the Phantecs cooler I bought simply would not fit with the GPU so close to the CPU.  So I went for a temporary solution and installed the stock Intel cooler.  I do not overclock at the moment, as the game I primarily play, Skyrim, when in vanilla configuration, runs on ultra settings with out-of-the-box clocking.  However I have started to try a few Skyrim mods, and as I add more, the CPU temps have started to go up.  So what is the max temperature normally set at?  And what cooler can I buy which both fits in the Node 304 and pushes a load more air through?  There is an inch between the stock rear 120mm fan and the Intel cooler.

I was looking at Corsair H55, and wondering if I remove the stock fan and replace it with the fan+radiator of the H55 i will still have enough room to install the block.

Chris

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard: MSI Z97I AC | RAM: 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX970 | Case: Fractal Design Node 304 | Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | PSU: Silverstone SST-ST50F-P | Display(s): various | Cooling: stock Intel (temporary) | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: motherboard | Operating System: Windows 10

Your case choice has little to do with the cooler choices available to you. Socket placement by MSI is the problem.

I'd recommend a 92mm tower cooler or a 120mm AIO, maybe a smaller topflow. Noctua and Cryorig are the brands I'd look at. Specifically Noctua's NH-D9L or NH-U9S, and Cryorig's M9i.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Ok they look good. Stock cooler has about a 95mm footprint. Noctua NH-D9L and NH-U9s have a 95mm footprint. Cryorig M9i has a 100 mm footprint. All good, I will check out other aspects.  Many thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K | Motherboard: MSI Z97I AC | RAM: 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX970 | Case: Fractal Design Node 304 | Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | PSU: Silverstone SST-ST50F-P | Display(s): various | Cooling: stock Intel (temporary) | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: motherboard | Operating System: Windows 10