Real-time Software independent fan controller

I am looking to control the speed of my case fans when my PC is idling, however I use a variety of different operating systems for various reasons so software support and configuration of a software controlled fan controller across all of them would be difficult if not impossible. I have seen Linus mention the mCubed tBalancer that he used to use in his personal rig, however I cannot seem to source one in the UK. I also looked at the AquaComputer powerAdjust 3 however it seemed unclear as to whether it is software controlled or not. Ideally, I am looking for something that I can configure and forget to manage my PCs fans based on temperature sensors placed inside the case, any suggestions would be welcome. 

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

I am looking to control the speed of my case fans when my PC is idling, however I use a variety of different operating systems for various reasons so software support and configuration of a software controlled fan controller across all of them would be difficult if not impossible. I have seen Linus mention the mCubed tBalancer that he used to use in his personal rig, however I cannot seem to source one in the UK. I also looked at the AquaComputer powerAdjust 3 however it seemed unclear as to whether it is software controlled or not. Ideally, I am looking for something that I can configure and forget to manage my PCs fans based on temperature sensors placed inside the case, any suggestions would be welcome. 

I am using speedfan http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

For the setup of the sofware :http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/154956-how-to-properly-set-up-speedfan/

i hope this helped out