Fans in NZXT H440

Calimerox

Hi, I'm sorry I feel like this gets asked a lot all over the internet but I just can't get a clue out of it.

So I'm using the H440, and all the stock fans that come with it are connected to the hub on the back, so they run at 100% all the time.

Now for me these fans are too noisy. What are my options to reduce the noise level?

Just replace the stock fans with quieter fans, connect those to the hub and that's it? Should I place 2 140mm fans in the front instead of 3 120mm fans? Just get one of these molex voltage droppers that reduces the voltage from 12v to 7v and put it between the molex and the hub? 

I don't know much about all this stuff, so reading in different threads all over the internet just confuses me. Hope you can help, have a nice day :)

Hi, I'm sorry I feel like this gets asked a lot all over the internet but I just can't get a clue out of it.

So I'm using the H440, and all the stock fans that come with it are connected to the hub on the back, so they run at 100% all the time.

Now for me these fans are too noisy. What are my options to reduce the noise level?

Just replace the stock fans with quieter fans, connect those to the hub and that's it? Should I place 2 140mm fans in the front instead of 3 120mm fans? Just get one of these molex voltage droppers that reduces the voltage from 12v to 7v and put it between the molex and the hub? 

I don't know much about all this stuff, so reading in different threads all over the internet just confuses me. Hope you can help, have a nice day 

You can plug them into the motherboard and use the bios to control the speed, depending on whether you have an unlocked CPU and BIOS. Also dont forget to follow your threads so you get notified of a reply.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

how visible are they ?

if there hidden or you don't mind a fugly color noctua's are great.

other then that, corsairs are good

plus both of these have quiet adapters.

You can plug them into the motherboard and use the bios to control the speed, depending on whether you have an unlocked CPU and BIOS. Also dont forget to follow your threads so you get notified of a reply.

My CPU is locked.

Edit: In case this helps in any way, it's a i5 6600 and the motherboard is a msi h170a gaming pro. 

how visible are they 

The three 120s in the front are not visible, so color wouldn't matter. Only for the one in the back. 

plus both of these have quiet adapters.

Sorry, what are "quiet adapters"?

That is a hub, not a controller.  A fan controller will have a 4pin connector that will attach to a 4 pin PWM header on your mobo (such as your CPU fan header)...this will allow you to control via bios or software.  

The cheapest solution would be to buy a decent fan controller. Around $30.

Here are a few different types from NZXT...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992015&cm_re=fan_controller-_-11-992-015-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992005&cm_re=fan_controller-_-11-992-005-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992012&cm_re=fan_controller-_-11-992-012-_-Product