i was thinking of beefing up my raspberry pi  especially since the release of the nano. naturally u would need to cool it i was thinking mineral oil, or like a duck tape and hot glue bracket with coffee stirrers over  but like how would i beef it up. i want to make it REALLY heat up. I'm basically going to build a house around a window.

i want to have a ripped cooling system in  it because i find stupid stuff like powering an led with a car battery funny

ideas??????????????

suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
insults

share like snap tweet comment or what ever 

good video idea hint hint luke

well, i overclocked my pi2 with a tiny dumpster dived laptop cooler and a 40mm fan wired to the 5v power source.

try and fish up a small cpu heatsink somewhere (you really dont want it bigger than 40mm on a pi) and you should get some pretty decent extra performance out of it.

on the pi2 you have to mostly just cool the main die, and the ram chip on the bottom if you want to OC that.

on the original pi you have to cool the power delivery chip as well.

EDIT: or go the route this guy went: http://www.overclock.net/t/1404207/extreme-cooled-raspberry-pi

You could get VRM heatsinks, paste 'em on there, put some nice fans pointing at it then see how it does.

I used to be quite active here.

Dude, the pi 2 can oc to 2ghz on passive heatsinks. There's no point in going crazy with the cooling. One 80mm fan will provide more cooling than you'll even need, even without a heatsink.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dude, the pi 2 can oc to 2ghz on passive heatsinks. There's no point in going crazy with the cooling. One 80mm fan will provide more cooling than you'll even need, even without a heatsink.

i want to go crazy with cooling. the pi can catch up in terms of heating (lol when was that ever an issue)

Cool it with liquid nitrogen :P

lol put in a ziplock bag and keep it in a tank of doctor freeze  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i want to go crazy with cooling. the pi can catch up in terms of heating (lol when was that ever an issue)

well then mineral oil is fine but you'll need a pump and a radiator as well as custom fittings, a fan, and tubes. For that money you could buy a lenovo x220 from ebay that would do everything way better than the pi 2.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I put a fan on mine and got temps down to 25 degree idle. Haven't oc'ed yet, but I want to watercolour it just because I can.

me pretty much. i was thinking like putting a ring of hot glue around the black parts, which i believe are cpus and gpu. then put in 2 coffee stirrers taped side by side and like make a hot glue platform cover less then 1/2 mm above the black things  with the straws touching the black things,water block, here's your pump, http://www.instructables.com/id/diy-small-water-pump/?ALLSTEPS  use a soldering iron 2 melt two holes in top of a medicine container, boom reservoir, glue coffee stirrers together, piping, the water should be cool enough @ room tempreture but you could use a peltier generator (9v goes in hot and cold comes out. hot goes in electricity comes out)under the "reservoir "  or run the water through a coil of copper pipe. (this is why is forum ppl have no friends )

well then mineral oil is fine but you'll need a pump and a radiator as well as custom fittings, a fan, and tubes. For that money you could buy a lenovo x220 from ebay that would do everything way better than the pi 2.

i ne'r ded here a job that a bit of duct tape wouldnt fix xD

ime such a noob. i thought u got rid of plastics slap on a heatsink and drown it in a tank of minerol oil 

You could get VRM heatsinks, paste 'em on there, put some nice fans pointing at it then see how it does.

but its not awesome enough

ime such a noob. i thought u got rid of plastics slap on a heatsink and drown it in a tank of minerol oil 

no lulz

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well, i overclocked my pi2 with a tiny dumpster dived laptop cooler and a 40mm fan wired to the 5v power source.

try and fish up a small cpu heatsink somewhere (you really dont want it bigger than 40mm on a pi) and you should get some pretty decent extra performance out of it.

on the pi2 you have to mostly just cool the main die, and the ram chip on the bottom if you want to OC that.

on the original pi you have to cool the power delivery chip as well.

EDIT: or go the route this guy went: http://www.overclock.net/t/1404207/extreme-cooled-raspberry-pi

cool :D

thats ice, (nice)

need to be more weirder tho

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(  :unsure:  ^_^  :unsure:

Tried and tested. Hot glue will not work.

try using epoxy and the warranty stuff to mix it u wont ever need it again