Captain 120

koji

Link: http://www.deepcool.com/product/gamerstorm/2014-09/6_1012.shtml

Is this a good liquid cooler? This is one of the cheapest cooler I can get that looks really good.

And on cooling performance about how much temps will this differ with Hyper 212x?

Last question.. How will be its maintenance? Will it do good if I just let it be for years?

I havent used any liquid coolers before. I am just using now for aesthetics. Haha.

Thanks a lot!

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Link: http://www.deepcool.com/product/gamerstorm/2014-09/6_1012.shtml

Is this a good liquid cooler? This is one of the cheapest cooler I can get that looks really good.

And on cooling performance about how much temps will this differ with Hyper 212x?

Last question.. How will be its maintenance? Will it do good if I just let it be for years?

I havent used any liquid coolers before. I am just using now for aesthetics. Haha.

Thanks a lot!

honestly?

go with a more reputable maker.  that is fishy and worries me

In my experience AIO coolers tend to buffer heat far better.....By this I mean, they tend not to run as cool at lower idle temps, as they tend not to be pushing as much heat around as quickly at idle. Where I had found they come into their own is when they start pushing hard. They have more thermal mass to disappate heat, and they're pushing it around far quicker to dissapate it, or at least get it away from temperature sensitive components

honestly?

go with a more reputable maker.  that is fishy and worries me

Deep Cool is not reputable?

In my experience AIO coolers tend to buffer heat far better.....By this I mean, they tend not to run as cool at lower idle temps, as they tend not to be pushing as much heat around as quickly at idle. Where I had found they come into their own is when they start pushing hard. They have more thermal mass to disappate heat, and they're pushing it around far quicker to dissapate it, or at least get it away from temperature sensitive components

In short they dissipate heat faster when at load but when at idle they arent performing much? I think it doesnt matter as long as they dissipate heat at load. Hehe.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

In short they dissipate heat faster when at load but when at idle they arent performing much? I think it doesnt matter as long as they dissipate heat at load. Hehe.

pretty much. I'm just saying that if someone's doing a bench at idle, they're not going to look all that impressive . It's only under load that they do better than a comparative air cooler.

Also pay very close attention to the TDP specs. I run a 145W TDP chip, and my old h100i was barely keeping it under control when I was overclocking. I haven't tried seriously pushing my new h110GT

They're just fine.

The captain 120 is a fine aio, but if you're going to get an aio, shoot for a 240/280 rad, you'll get a lot more performance than most air coolers, and you can run it quieter. It'll cost a touch more, but its worth it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Something to watch out for. Most AIO coolers violate ASetek's pump on block design, and are currently in litigation. While I am aware that corsair licensed theirs directly from asetek, many companies are going to have issues offering warranty on a product their not going to be allowed to sell in the next few years.