Winter / Snow Sports Dissusion

So, Due to the fact that I just got back from the hill. I thought, why not start a discussion on winter fun.  :D

Personally, I much prefer winter over summer. During the summer you get all hot and sweaty, and most falls in sports create injury. I have fallen off my snowmobile at 40+km/s without a bruise. Plus, where I'm located., We get a good amount of snow / ice to play with, and the temps don't go under -25*C all that often. This means that winter is not as hostile as a few places north of us. Resulting in longer ice fishing trips, and longer times on the hill without getting cold.

By far my three favorite activities are snowmobiling, skiing, and snowboarding.

I have been to almost every hill here in Ontario for skiing / snowboarding. My personal favorites are SearchMont, and Blue Mountain. They are both about the same size, but are totally different in other aspects. Searmont is like a hometown hill. Not too busy, and has verry fiendly staff. It also sports a wonderful mountain to ski. My personal favorite run there is moose-difficult. Basically its just an area with the trees spaced far enough apart to pick any path you want though them.

Blue mountain, is technically the same size as searchmont, but is again, totaly different. Its more of a resort than a hill. It sports 7 6 seater lifts, and massive ticket prices. Some days you even have to wait for 10 min to board the lift because its soo busy. Its a great place to ski with your friends, but too sports some nice off pist zones.

Trail maps:

searchmount:

Searchmont-Resort_pistemap_full.jpg

Blue mountain:

Blue-Mountain_pistemap_full.jpg

I only have a old snowmobile, but i still have quite a bit of fun with it. Its old age means that its light, and easy to fix, (two guys can pick it up) compared to newer 500pund + machines with engine lights. Its not fast, but due to its small size and lightness, its fun even in deep powder. It just chugs along.

PIC:

1681.jpg

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

My favorite winter sport is Paintball. Why? My cargo pants and compression shirt/shorts don't melt me like they do in the summer. 

My favorite winter sport is Paintball. Why? My cargo pants and compression shirt/shorts don't melt me like they do in the summer. 

If only propane was less thermally sensative

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Well i love fishing in the winter, you know the kind where you drill a hole in the ice and driving an rc car (slash 1/16 vxl) so much fun. downhill skiing aswell, learned to do a 180° last year

[CPU] i5-650 [GPU] MSI GTX 750 OC [RAM] Generic 6GB [MOBO] MS-7613 [HDD] WD Blue 1TB [PSU] Silverstone Strider Essential 500W [Next build Q1 2016 http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Presmo/saved/ ]

Please follow your own topics.

If only propane was less thermally sensative

? I used compressed air. I don't know how propane ties in to paintball. Are you talking about your snowmobile? 

Love to Ski!!! really sad that here in Ontario we aren't really getting that much snow  :( I really prefer the winter, beautiful scenery on the slopes, and i like to bundle up in my coat. And don't forget better cpu/gpu temps lol

Edit you close to blue?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

This is my 24th season of snowboarding...

Those cute little hills in Ontario are adorable ;)

? I used compressed air. I don't know how propane ties in to paintball. Are you talking about your snowmobile?

Idk. The only time I have ever gone paitballing, they used propane instead of co2. They said it was cheaper.

This is my 24th season of snowboarding...

Those cute little hills in Ontario are adorable ;)

Hey, at least we don't have tree wells

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I love to Ski when the weather allows, and take the wee-un out sledging.
And by sledge I meen one that has a steering wheel and brakes. 

Also love ice, driving on it. About the only time I really get to test my correctional skills. That and sliding by foot.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

Well, gave myself a mild concussion today. Caught my toe edge snowboarding, and did a good hard faceplant. No nervous system damage, just some bruising. I just have a slight headache and nausea along with some balance loss. Doctor says my seasons over. Fuck

It will take about a month to fully recover.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I like Nordic skiing.

I like winter, and Plan to move north, possible to Vermont

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."