What Headset should I order?

I'm in the market for a new Gaming/Multimedia Headset. I want to upgrade from my current headset (Astro A40).

The two that I've narrowed down to are:

1. AKG 612 Pro

2. Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250

The games I mostly play are CSGO, and some casual games like Battelfront and Farcry. I also enjoy watching my movies with a headset on so that is important to me also. I've heard nothing but positive experiences from both headphones. The only thing that I get confused with is the audio jargon a lot of people use like Sound stage, Analytical, warm, and laid back. The Beyerdynamics are $40 more on amazon right now so is it worth the extra cash for it? Let me know what you guys think and thanks for all the advice.

I love my DT-990' s.

Be warned: they are treble cannons.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I personally tried the AKG headphones and they did not fit me right. I really hated the large round cups, they dwarfed my ears and they felt loose. I went with the Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition in black. I would check these out as well.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

AKG's are very flat, neutral cans. That will definitely put off people who are used to colored audio. They also need a dedicated amplifier (and a good one at that), yes these do.

But the neutral sound means they fit well with any application, since they're not tailored for anything in specific. 

And yeah, they do not squeeze your head. But they def. do not fall off or feel "loose". The only cans that were too loose are the ATH-AD500X cans. With the stupid wings.

I personally tried the AKG headphones and they did not fit me right. I really hated the large round cups, they dwarfed my ears and they felt loose. I went with the Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition in black. I would check these out as well.

I read that the HD 558's Use the same driver and has teh "same frequency response curve" and it is $60 cheaper? I origonally wanted the 598's until i came across the AKG and DT-990. 

I love my DT-990' s.

Be warned: they are treble cannons.

Do you have a amp powering those or a sound card? How is the on board audio for them?

Do you have a amp powering those or a sound card? How is the on board audio for them?

I'm running a Schitt Stack for my 600 OHM DT-990' s. Onboard audio could be enough for the 250 OHM variant if you have a decent MOBO.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

AKG's are very flat, neutral cans. That will definitely put off people who are used to colored audio. They also need a dedicated amplifier (and a good one at that), yes these do.

But the neutral sound means they fit well with any application, since they're not tailored for anything in specific. 

And yeah, they do not squeeze your head. But they def. do not fall off or feel "loose". The only cans that were too loose are the ATH-AD500X cans. With the stupid wings.

I would be getting the Schiit Magni 2. Do you own a pair of AKG? I know I cant go wrong with either I just want to make sure that once I fork over the cash for them I don't want to second guess myself.